Kauai Dive Buddy or Guide Nov 30 - Dec 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

polyester1970

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll be coming to Kauai Nov 30 - Dec 7 with my family. None of them are divers. I'm looking for a dive buddy or a local guide to do one or two shore dives with. I'll do a couple boat dives as well.

If not a dive buddy, I'm open to paying a dive guide. I have a list of the usual dive ops in Kauai and will use them for the boat dives, but in case someone knows other dive guides let me know.

I'm an experienced diver, something like 100 dives. Its been a year since my last dive so I'll probably do a boat dive first to reacquaint myself, but should be fine after that. I'll be staying in Poipu.

I used the dive guides from Fathom Fibr for my shore dives at Koloa Landing.

I'm an experienced shore diver and don't new any professional handholding to conduct a safe shore dive.

However, the cost was WELL justified by their skill in pointing out the small wildlife that I would have otherwise swam right past. Never would have seen that really cool dragon moray.

Plus, their explanations of the fish behavior (sometimes BEFORE it happened) where excellent.

It made the dives much more rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great time to be here on island and I'm sure you will find that there are many highly professional and experienced guides here. You'll find a great deal of bang for the buck by getting a guide for the Koloa Landing shore dive. As mentioned in the previous post there are lots of amazing and often hidden critters there that are simply amazing. Harlequin Shrimp, dragon morays, octopus, leaf scorpion fish - just to mention a few. The two primary dive shops offering both boat and shore dives would be Seasports Divers in Koloa and Fathom Five. There are numerous excellent shore only operations. I personally work at Seasport Divers and have been diving here on the island for many years. If I can assist with any suggestions or ideas (diving related or otherwise) just let me know. As one possibility - we do offer a free refresher everyday prior to our afternoon boats which many divers take advantage of prior to doing there boat dive that same afternoon or the next day.

If you only get one day of diving in off the boats be sure to hit Sheraton Caverns. It's the number one dive on the island. It is a fantastic dive with lava formations and loads of turtles. Currently the site has frogfish, Harlequin shrimp, leaf scorpion fish, numerous nudibranchs (including rare Imperial and Kangaroo nudi's).

Feel free to send me a PM at any point.

Have a fantastic day. Glad your diving is just around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom