Kelly's $16 Margarita?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giggi:
1) I have to agree about not putting the top shelf liquors in mixed drinks. That's akin to blasphemy. Nothing makes me cringe worse than watching people who take a decent 12 to 18 year old single malt and add water, soda, or ice.

I can beat that.

At a party I was hosting once, part of the party was a single malt tasting for those who were so inclined. One of my wife's co-workers wanted to try one, too, only she wanted to put in eggnog. (Fortunately, it didn't get that far.)

BTW, a lot of scotch experts advocate a little water in a single malt; they say it helps bring out the flavor.

sharky60:
I'v never been to Kelly's, don't think I even know where it's at.

I have to admit....I like the place and do spend time (and money) there. So I'm going to give a bit of a plug for Gene and $16.00 Margs' Check it out !

map21.gif

http://www.islacozumel.net/food/kelleys/

Ron

Ron Brandt:
I have to admit....

Ron

Oh yeah! I know that place!
Is it a sports bar? or something like that? I recognize the location and can almost picture the sign.

May have to check it out in May for a cerveza not a $16 Margarita...Like I said headed to Coconuts for that buzz!

I've been to Kelly's once. Had some food & drinks - no problem. Tried to pay with A.E. Travelers Checks & they would not accept them. The owner was very nice about it & explained why. I was surprised but luckily I had cash, so no biggie.
What I didn't do was pitch a fit.

Kat:
I've been to Kelly's once. Had some food & drinks - no problem. Tried to pay with A.E. Travelers Checks & they would not accept them. The owner was very nice about it & explained why. I was surprised but luckily I had cash, so no biggie.
What I didn't do was pitch a fit.

What was the reason?

sharky60:
Oh yeah! I know that place!
Is it a sports bar? or something like that? I recognize the location and can almost picture the sign.

May have to check it out in May for a cerveza not a $16 Margarita...Like I said headed to Coconuts for that buzz!

There are TV's with different programs...usually a news chanel and some sports off a US Bird.

The cerveza's are about $20 pesos at happy hour for a draught. Nice and cold. I usually go for the negra...tasty.
Since this thread has started I have been craveing the chicken fried steak. Some of the menu items are not cheap but they are really great tasting.

As a bonus Gene is a really nice guy!

Ron

I recognize it, too, now.

ScubaTexan:
I recognize it, too, now.

OMG...I feel like a total idiot...I KNOW Kelly's and have enjoyed it the handful of times I've been there...for some reason I had the other little tavern place stuck in my mind!!!

I remember tha name of the place I was thinking of...Riley's Tavern!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom