Kelly's $16 Margarita?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reikopm:
Though I did not order the drinks, in my opinion fine tequila should be drunk straight up. Why ruin it with lime juice, orange liquer, and ice?
-R

Thank you :D That's what the cheap stuff is for!

Mawg:
$ 25.00 dollars for two bugers. That's just snot right!

Now that is good humor! I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Brian

Christi:

Something people seem to forget is that we ARE an island and EVERYTHING is imported...whether from the mainland or from another country. Despite what people believe, it is not cheap to live here...my grocery bills here are actually higher than they were in the states. Gas is more expensive, Electricity is more expensive, insurance is more expensive, etc. etc. ...

where do they import the insurance from ?:14:

Christi:
Something people seem to forget is that we ARE an island and EVERYTHING is imported...whether from the mainland or from another country.

I don't get it. How can you import something from your own country? Cozumel may be an island, but it's not an independent nation. Since it still belongs to Mexico, it doesn't seem fair to charge import duty on items coming from the mainland.

ScubaTexan:
I don't get it. How can you import something from your own country? Cozumel may be an island, but it's not an independent nation. Since it still belongs to Mexico, it doesn't seem fair to charge import duty on items coming from the mainland.

OK...I was speaking in easy terms. Things from Mexico are not technically imported as in they don't charge duties on them...but there additional shipping and transportation fees. Cozumel is not self sufficient in the meaning that nothing is produced on the island, so everythinghas to be brought over from the mainland. Since we are on an island, there are a few more logistical steps in getting things to us...and of course those things cost money.

This is not even worth debating...the fact is that island living, even in Mexico is not as "cheap" as people would like to believe.

The old saying "Champagne taste on a beer budget" applies here.

I'm not sure why you're complaining. You ordered top shelf drinks, drank them, then complained about the price & got your money back. All it cost you was some insults. And after all that, I bet you didn't tip your server & bartender.
And you're still b!tchin' ?

My wife, who used to be a bartender, says that you should never put in a mixed drink what you wouldn't drink straight. For that matter, she won't cook with sub-standard alcohol, either. Once she made me a couple of side-by-side drinks, 1 with cheap tequila and another with Patron, I came to agree with her.

(duck!)

Christi:
OK...I was speaking in easy terms. Things from Mexico are not technically imported as in they don't charge duties on them...but there additional shipping and transportation fees. Cozumel is not self sufficient in the meaning that nothing is produced on the island, so everythinghas to be brought over from the mainland. Since we are on an island, there are a few more logistical steps in getting things to us...and of course those things cost money.

This is not even worth debating...the fact is that island living, even in Mexico is not as "cheap" as people would like to believe.

LOL, I know that it isn't. I wasn't trying to be belligerant and debate anyone....it just seemed odd before you explained it again. Now it makes sense. Sorry for the confusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom