Key Largo Dive Boat Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There may be a right way to tip, but who gives a rip how you do it as long as it gets done, assuming they deserve it. I assume most shops split the tips, but that may not be true. If you want to tip an individual then do so. If they later throw it into a kitty that is there business. A lot of people do not tip....

Dove Key Largo this past weekend: Molasses Reef, French Reef, and Benwood Wreck.
Chartered through Scuba-Do.
Was very impressed with their dive operation. Granted, it may be the off-season, but for 3 trips (6 dives) there was never more than 5 divers on the boat plus Captain Mike and a dive guide/instructor (either Amber, Toni, or Diego). All were professional, approachable, and fun-oriented. I brought my own equipment and gear, but the staff seemed very patient with those novice divers that required rental equipment or some extra TLC entering and exiting the water.
I recommend Scuba-Do and would dive with them again.
As for tipping, my buddy and I tipped $50 each (roughly 20% of total cost) to the Captain at the end of the 3 trips. He said he would distribute fair shares to the respective dive guide/instructors.

Happy Diving,
AC

If you're doing multi-day diving with an op and tip at the end of each day, by Day 3, you will be visibly worshipped. By Day 5, tattoos of your likeness will start to appear on the crew, I can't write what happens on Day 7, but paradise for fallen warriors of a Prophet kinda pales in comparison.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom