Kinda sad...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Port Tack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be posting most of my gear for sale soon in the want ad section. My new bride tried to take the SCUBA course but could not complete it due to ear problems. It looks like we will be snorklers and I am going to sell my gear. It is one complete set-up of Scuba Pro stuff and another older set-up of mixed gear. Two tanks, one steel and one aluminum plus other stuff that you acquire as you are diving. I thought I would let local folks know before I posted it to the general public. I am located in north Baldwin county now. The country life is good.

Mike

I know a good divorce lawyer.

Why don't you keep a set for yourself and sell only the tanks and mixed set?? You can still go out with friends and dive. She can stay closer to shore and snorkel. Don't give up diving for someone else. PLEASE! You'll regret it.:shakehead:

Hi Port! I sure hope you are not diving anymore because YOU want to quit, quitting because your spouse cant dive sometimes gives rise to regrets and resentment in alot of people I've met over the years. My loving wife, who I love to travel with cant dive now because of a car accident leaving her neck weaker and highly prone to backache/neckache. We snorkel together after I dive. I'm usually done early afternoon. We lunch together then go play. Also she has become quit the snorkel dm at some of the places we visit regularly. That makes me proud of her taking people to her fav site. We make a lot of friends that way. I gave her a good underwater camera, DC600, for a toy to play with as she snorkels. She gets some smokin' pics. Also she loves to swim as it gives her a lot of physical relief. The payoff was me fully participating and becoming enthusiastic in her adventures and not being fully absorbed in my diving that I leave her out.
It would be good to talk about it as I think we divers are a strange breed and giving this up for someone else could be a sore spot down the road. Sounds to me that your a pretty good guy. I wish you well

:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:DUDE my wife tried to go threw the class she doped out i still dive DUDE don't give up live in Pensacola I need a dive buddy. So if you do give up diving are you going to start doing cross stitch or knitting :rofl3::rofl3:

And your a 10 year diver your crazy for giving up something you like

:blessing::blessing::blessing::blessing:all pray for him to the scuba gods he will not do a stupid mistake

There is an ENT doctor in B'ham that works with divers with ear problems. There are exercises you can do to help open small eustean tubes. My son has a lot of problems clearing his ears. He has sinus issues as well. But because of working with a good doctor he was able to make his 100th dive this summer. If you would like the name and phone number of the doctor, pm me. It is at least worth a try. :)

Port Tack, congrats on the new bride, sorry to hear you are leaving the sport though :/

Keep your gear dewd. Trust me (everyone can vouch for me) I KNOW what it's like to purchase gear and sell it.. (Then rebuying all of it... lost a LOT of money... done it twice). Each time, the tension between my wife and I built up.

She doesn't dive and doesn't understand the need to dive routinely to keep skills up and what not. Since her brother-in-law only dives in Cozumel (aka.. vacation diver) and he's a "good diver".... If I had all the money I've lost from reselling, I'd have enough to buy a rebreather AND training for it AND extra money to go diving with it.

So keep it and dive. Give her your cc and let her drive to Foley with the girls and go shopping while you go diving.

Michael

OK, I am re-thinking this thing. Maybe that is why I posted it like I did, so you folks would talk me out of it. Maybe I will keep the ScubaPro stuff and sell the extra gear. Reading the above posts and some of the other posts has me thinking it might still be fun to go get wet every now and then.
Thanks for the advice everyone. Denise, I will talk to Linda and see if she is interested in the ENT you mentioned. She really does love the water and snorkling. I will start monitoring this site again and maybe see you guys at a dive soon.

When you two are snorkeling, does she dive down to look at anything? It's the exact same process. Are you SURE it's her ears? Is she just scared and nervous? My nephew did 16 dives in Cozumel and several at ABWA with no issues. His first dive out of Pensacola in the gulf, he had "ear issues".... later he admitted he was scared of the first 15'+- of murk on top.

I'm not saying she's lying, I'd just try to make sure it was that first. Otherwise, go with Denise's recommendation for the ear doctor.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom