Kodak Moments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkndivebum:
Just another cruddy Kona sunset (taken from our Lanai)

Looks like you live on Napoopoo road, about 2/3 or more down. Am I correct?

Great shot.

Just another lava shot.

I spent most of the day on that beach. That afternoon the lava broke out and the beach was gone. Very cool,... er.. hot.

Matthew

LioKai:
Just another lava shot.

I spent most of the day on that beach. That afternoon the lava broke out and the beach was gone. Very cool,... er.. hot.

Matthew

now that's an incredible shot.....how close were you?

frankenmuth_tom:
The wife and I are talking about making a trip back to Hawaii after being gone about 25 years. I'm sure that things have changed a bit in the last quarter century...
:wink:
Great Zot!
Hadn't thought about it... in my Navy career Hawaii was such a frequent layover I've always considered it just another place along the way. Suddenly your post made me realize my last visit was in 1985!
I reckon it's about time for another.
Rick

LioKai:
Looks like you live on Napoopoo road, about 2/3 or more down. Am I correct? Great shot.

Thanks! Closer to town, actually - Leilani Street, up mauka off of Lako.

LioKai:
Just another lava shot.

Matthew
Fantastic shot!

When we went to go see the "lava flow" in 2002 all we saw was steam.

Rick Murchison:
Great Zot!
Hadn't thought about it... in my Navy career Hawaii was such a frequent layover I've always considered it just another place along the way. Suddenly your post made me realize my last visit was in 1985!
I reckon it's about time for another.
Rick
Would love to have you for a visit :D

gkndivebum:
Thanks! Closer to town, actually - Leilani Street, up mauka off of Lako.

Are you a member of KUPS? (Kona Underwater Photographic Society) If not, the meetings are at the pavillion in your development and are open to the public.
I am giving a video presentation in late July for KUPS. THe video is on fish behaviors. (mating, feeding, cleaning, hunting, etc) IT is a the final product of 2 years of shooting video. 28 minutes long. Call me 326-5452.
Matthew J D'Avella

starfish365:
now that's an incredible shot.....how close were you?

Close.... about 30 feet away from the main focus of the picture.

Close.... I once had the very bad idea of getting CLOSE. I spent the afternoon climbing upward to get CLOSER. That night, when I turned to hike out of the flows, I realized that every rock I needed to cross to get back the way I came, had red glowing around it's edges. I only needed to get about 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile back down. I had to hike around the upper ridge (safer area) in the dark. I hiked about 1/4 mile away from the flows and waited. I had lights and water, but I still waited until the moon rose high enough to give more light. Ended up taking me several hours to get back to Kalapana. Very stupid. Great pictures though.

Matthew

justleesa:
Fantastic shot!

When we went to go see the "lava flow" in 2002 all we saw was steam.

Where there is steam, there is harmful air. If you hike in from Kalapana side it will put you on the upwind side of the flows. The steam and smoke will blow away from you and you can see the flows...sometimes.

Matthew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom