Koh Tao in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lord Khram said;
Do PADI now do rescue skills as part of the open water course?
BSAC rescue skill requirements go much further beyond what Edward described in the later courses, but those basic skills are necessary to pass the entry level (ocean diver) qualification.
BSAC if things are still the same do not do a specific rescue skills course as the PADI system, the rescue skills are just part of the diving courses as you progress through the levels.
I hope I am not giving mis information as it is many years since I did the BSAC courses, I dare say Edward will correct me if the facts I have stated are now out of date.

PADI has since a long time 'rescue' skills in the OW course, at least since I did my OW course some 17 years ago. Those skills are 'tired diver tow' and 'cramp removal'. Not as extensive as the BSAC system but rescue skills nonetheless.

Open Water divers can participate in Knowledge Development and confined water training of the Rescue diver course, once they become an Adventure diver (including the u/w Navigation dive) they can than participate in the full Rescue diver course. They will need to start the Rescue diver course within 12 months after completing of KD CFW water training.

Lord Khram said;

PADI has since a long time 'rescue' skills in the OW course, at least since I did my OW course some 17 years ago. Those skills are 'tired diver tow' and 'cramp removal'. Not as extensive as the BSAC system but rescue skills nonetheless.

Open Water divers can participate in Knowledge Development and confined water training of the Rescue diver course, once they become an Adventure diver (including the u/w Navigation dive) they can than participate in the full Rescue diver course. They will need to start the Rescue diver course within 12 months after completing of KD CFW water training.
Plus in the open water course a self rescue skill in the controlled emergency swimming ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom