Komodo, from a different perspective.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another nice video! It seems like it was up a lot higher on this one! :0) Great way to see Komodo!

How did you have space to store R/C aircraft on a liveaboard?

Lovely again Alejandro. Can't think of a better reason to while away 7 minutes!

Amazing how brown the landscape is this time of year compared with post rainy season.

Will

Last edited:
How did you have space to store R/C aircraft on a liveaboard?

It wasn't easy... I had a very small cabin in the Tatawa, every night I had to spend about half an hour rearranging things so I could use the bed. :D
In any case I designed the plane for traveling, it disassembles into small pieces, nothing bigger than 55x22 centimeters, so that I can carry it in my luggage... in addition to the diving gear and U/W photography stuff.
Normally I kept the plane propped against the cabin wall with the wings detached.
In case you are also wondering how did I land it in the boat, I didn't, the plane is made to land on water if necessary. :)

---------- Post added December 4th, 2012 at 01:43 AM ----------

Lovely again Alejandro. Can't think of a better reason to while away 7 minutes!

Amazing how brown the landscape it this time of year compared with post rainy season.

Will

I was surprised by that too. I had no idea it could be so dry. The liveaboard was right at the end of the rainy season, the day after returning to Labuan Bajo my flight to Bali was delayed by a heavy downpour.

It wasn't easy... I had a very small cabin in the Tatawa, every night I had to spend about half an hour rearranging things so I could use the bed. :D
In any case I designed the plane for traveling, it disassembles into small pieces, nothing bigger than 55x22 centimeters, so that I can carry it in my luggage... in addition to the diving gear and U/W photography stuff.
Normally I kept the plane propped against the cabin wall with the wings detached.
In case you are also wondering how did I land it in the boat, I didn't, the plane is made to land on water if necessary. :)

I was wondering a number of things. Amazing!

(How long before liveaboards launch drones to search for mantas?)

I was wondering a number of things. Amazing!

(How long before liveaboards launch drones to search for mantas?)

Actually I did look for mantas with it... :D
If you see at 0:22 on the last video you'll see a white dot appearing at the bottom center of the frame, that's a manta doing a barrel roll.

How do you manouvre the plane do you have some sort of remote viewing device to see where its going? some of the flying seems incredibly close to the hilltops. Its awesome. Imagine if the plane can transform into a submarine you could go from the sky to underwater.. maybe checkout some ofvthe manta rolls!

The video of the bay with the mantas and eagle and dragons was WONDERFUL!! Thanks for posting. I have trouble just getting my camera and dive gear overseas....I cant imagine trying to carry a tri copter too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom