Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Charter Sept. 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No thanks... I'm busy

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like an early start of it 'cause I like to take my time. I do rent but I'll probably just bring 2 along. I don't have a flag - do you? Is your wife pretty comfortable in the water?

Well, I am looking forward to meeting you and the Mrs.! See you in R.I.!

I'd say 10 am is excellent. Let me know which lot. I'll pm you my cell phone number.

Hi Ken,
I'll try. Aug/Sep. is EXTREEMLY busy for me, but I'll check. I'd like to get the missus into her drysuit sometime this year. :rolleyes:
Also, I can get a jump on "hunting" tropicals. :mean: Maybe I can meet youse guys there. Ft. Wetherill can be a bit crowded then, the dumplings or Beavertail might be better, they are also in Jamestown.

Greetings from another CT diver (Glastonbury). You had extended an invite to a 9/1 dive and I might be interested in joining you all. But first the all important question: just how warm is the water this time of year? I've never done any diving up here in New England (lots of Chesapeake Bay and Carribean warm water, but no Northern Atlantic adventures to date).

I doubt my old 1/4" suit will fit and so I'd be in a 3mm. Would I live to regret it? Would I need a hood and gloves, and if so, how thick? I will have just come back from Roatan, and so my cold water tolerance will be even less than usual. So, can you all clue me in re what I might need (and what aquatic features I might see)?

Thanks!

I've done 3mm this time of year, refreshing!
If its only Wetherill or somewhere shallow, it shouldn't be too bad.

G-bury huh? I'm next door in East Hampton. Another instructor friend of mine lives on Buttonball la. Stop by at the shop sometime, I'm currently teaching on Mon. nights.

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
\/

The average is in the low to mid-50s. You need hood, gloves, booties and a 7mm wetsuit. If you have all that, based on my experience, you should be fine, I haven't been cold yet but I have only a few dives under my belt. I can't imagine going with less but I see that people do.

HEY MSILVIA, gonna slum it in RI! COOL, look forward to seeing you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom