Lake Denton Info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Dad:
It was... but from what I'm reading... it sounds like it's back open again. I haven't been down there since it did close.

I did hear that you had to park in the sand across the street... false rumor... I hope..

Unless the status has changed in the past month, that's somewhat true. There is parking right in front of the old boat ramp road, with enough room for two trucks to park. I parked parallel to the road next to the power pole which is on the corner of the boat ramp rd and lake denton rd. Other people who came afterwards did have to park in the sand across the street. If you're the 4th or 5th guy, you'll have to do that too.

I spoke with my lds owner a couple of weeks ago.Apparently from his understanding is that most of the people who own homes near the lake are ok with divers in general using the lake.Apparently someone new moved in and is raising cain due to the parking/congestion situation, around the actual ramp.He is one of the few making complaints and trying to close the lake.According to my lds and he is not quite sure since he no longer uses Denton,it depends on which way the wind blows.everyonce in a while this person gets his way and then the shops that use Denton come up with a compromise.

Alright I called the local Sherrifs department and asked them, They said that the rules have been changed governing parking, parking across in the sand is no long appropriate, they said that lines have been laid down for actual parking spaces. If you are in an actual parking space you will be fine, otherwise you will be fined.

What ever happened to Lake Isis? I did my checkout dives there years ago. Is it still open for diving?

Isis is stillopen i'm going to check it out in a week or two and dive it for the first time so I can get a feel for it before I bring students, I'll let everyone know what its like right now.

Cheekymonkey:
Isis is stillopen i'm going to check it out in a week or two and dive it for the first time so I can get a feel for it before I bring students, I'll let everyone know what its like right now.

Thanks for the info. Have a good dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom