Lake Lanier Report Sat. 8-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh well...anyone doing anything tomorrow or Monday? Got three tanks (you guys were at the back of the park, I was at the front...)

Mike

mikerault:
We were at divers cove...odd...we were there from 10:20 to 2pm...Left as soon as you get into the park, park and there is the cove...right? Where we did the New Years dive...

Mike

Wrong cove Mike. The cove that you were at is called "Mask Cove". Diver's Cove is all the way in the back as the road loops around to head back over to "Mask Cove". Mask cove is call Mask cove because a certain Looney Bird lost a perscription mask there and several dives over about a month or so was attempted at finding the mask. After that we called it "Mask Cove".

For some reason, I don't know why, we all as a group started diving at "Mask Cove" more and more. Maybe it was convienace or something. But every single time I have ever dove at Diver's Cove the vis. has always been supierer to Mask Cove. The bottom profile is a little different too. At Diver's Cove the bottom drops off rather sharp and imediately descends into the forest...(read: Monofiliament line city)....but it is more open to boat traffic.

On another note, I couldn't believe how low the lake is currently. If it drops any more we can walk over our favorate dive spots.

Again, Sorry we missed you and Susan. In the old days of a couple of years ago, we had no real reference to any of the coves except Divers Cove so when you came into the park you had to circle around and around until you found a familiar face or a car with a dive flag sticker and ask if anyone was from Scubaboard.

I'm going to PM you with my Cell # so that in the future we all can make sure this doesn't happen again. Don't feel too bad, it's happened to me in the past too!

Jeremy

anyone loose a tennis shoe or boat battery if you did i know where there at:D :D

mikerault:
Oh well...anyone doing anything tomorrow or Monday? Got three tanks (you guys were at the back of the park, I was at the front...)

Mike
mike if i can get my tanks filled tommorow i might be up for a dive monday,i tryed to get them filled this afternoon but he was closeing when i got there

SOunds good. I have three tanks filled, so even if you can't you can use one of mine.

You want to go to the Quarry or to Lake Lanier?

Mike

lake would be good,enjoyed swimming through the woods,have to watch all the line though,had a real nice dive with jeremy and darrel bulldawgs won,chicken was good,and the new bc held air.

Ok, sounds good, what time? Park opens 8am as I recall.

Mike

Sounds like a plan, the divers cove (not the mask cove) at 9am tomorrow as long as the weather holds (looking nasty right now...)

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom