Lake Lanier Report Sat. 8-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well,

Mark and I had a great two dives. As before once you got below about 35 feet the viz opened up to about 20 feet. We enjoyed finding our way through the sunken forest and located someones navigation line although it wasn't clear where it was going and we were at the turnaround point for air.

The botom temp at 57 feet was 57 degrees so definately 5mm to drysuit diving. Mark was there in 3mm and insisted the cold didn't bother him..I was in my drysuit and as long as kept a nice puff of air in thesuit, was very comfortable (except for a minor "Oops...my zipper isn't closed" at the start of the second dive which was detected quickly (Why is there water in my right sleeve?) and after that no problems.

Had a great dive, sorry other folks missed it...I even tried out a prototype of the LLLB tee shirt soon to be all the rave...

Mike

Glad to hear you two had a great dive. After the great vis. below the thermocline and the fun of navigation thru the sunken forest, I can't justify drivnig and paying the $25.00 for the quarry every weekend.

Jeremy

4.00 dollars and air works for me,had some good dives found some good vis above thev \thermocline about 30-35 ft,hit a underwater island on out from where we went saturday,was very nice.

thanks for the pictures mike,took awhile but i finally got them to my avtar. wished i knew how to operate a computer.:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom