Lake Mead: The Real Scoop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in mead yesterday, the lake level is 1126 so very low but the good news, there is some very interesting things to see that weren't diveable before, the viz is 20-30 at a depth of 35 feet, the surface temp was 85 in sept the viz should be getting better, if you can get on the charter boat from international scuba dave the captain is awesome and will take you to some good spots,tell him Alan sent you I try and dive with them a couple times a month when i can get away from this new job...

ALAN243:
if you can get on the charter boat from international scuba dave the captain is awesome and will take you to some good spots,tell him Alan sent you.

Yes well, you might not want me to mention your name as I'm still new to diving.. :54: I'll look into them though. I keep hearing that name. Thanks!

Visibilty about 100'. Crystal Clear Water. Little mechanical things dancing about. Oh..... you are talking about lake mead and I'm talking about Lake Bellagio. Sorry. If anyone is coming to Vegas and wanting to dive lake mead, let me know. If you need a budy. My wife and I would be happy to go out. A couple of the other divers I work with know all about the diving here. I've only lived here for about 6 mos. If you have specific questions I'll try to get them answered. Cheers.

Ok, when I know the dates I'll let ya know.

We'll be coming from Utah, so don't know how that'll work (hooking up with the charter or anyone else) since we won't be going near Vegas.

I did my certification dives in Lake Mead on the 1st and 2nd of Nov. It was cold and we had terrible vis. I had to look at my brothers flourescent yellow fins to know where people were. There was nothing to see where I was but I still had a blast.

I was at the "Scuba Park" Tuesday night about dusk. From the shore vis looked a lot better than anything aroung here. Small class doing their OW. In just swimsuits, so water must have been pretty warm. I have to be there on business for the next several weeks, and given I'm goofy enough that I' just gearup and go hang out on a buoy line just to be underwater, I'm having my gear shipped there Monday, and figuring on getting wet regardless of the "conditions".

Water is definetly down, but as anyone that lives in the SW USA knows, that just a fact of life right now.

I've heard they drift dive in the river below the dam. That sounds interesting. Gal I talked to said "coollldd", but that's what drysuits are for.

Heck. It was 54 deg in San Diego on Labor Day last year.

plcmd:
Visibilty about 100'. Crystal Clear Water. Little mechanical things dancing about. Oh..... you are talking about lake mead and I'm talking about Lake Bellagio. Sorry. If anyone is coming to Vegas and wanting to dive lake mead, let me know. If you need a budy. My wife and I would be happy to go out. A couple of the other divers I work with know all about the diving here. I've only lived here for about 6 mos. If you have specific questions I'll try to get them answered. Cheers.

My wife and I are coming out in October for vacation. She doesn't dive but I'd love to. I've tried my last two trips out there. The best day for me would be Sunday, October 17th. A morning dive would be perfect as my wife will sleep in. Can we work something out? I've called Lake Mead Scuba but as i'm by myself they weren't real enthusiastic. PM me or call me at 832-256-9669.

outlawaggie:
My wife and I are coming out in October for vacation. She doesn't dive but I'd love to. I've tried my last two trips out there. The best day for me would be Sunday, October 17th. A morning dive would be perfect as my wife will sleep in. Can we work something out? I've called Lake Mead Scuba but as i'm by myself they weren't real enthusiastic. PM me or call me at 832-256-9669.

I don't suppose you'll be there Tuesday October 12th?? I'll be in Vegas on business and that's the absolute only day I can get away. Actually, if anyone reads this and can go, I would be very greatful.

Lake level is down to 1126.17. Sur temp is 70, btm temp is 68, air is 52, vis is 10-15 in some spots. St. Thomas is available for viewing above water and some parts of the old town of Callville (Callville Bay) are rumored to be surfacing. Hope it helps.

Boulder City dive shops= GR8 Divin, Colorado River Divers,
Charters-Try Drew's Dam Divers

I'm going to be in vegas Nov 29th - Dec 1st. I'm thinking about diving lake mead. Does anyone have some web accessible information on it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom