Lake Tahoe Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your new to diving Tahoe, the best place to go is sand Harbor on the Nevada side, but like Boomx5 mentioned bring a flag.

renpirate:
Everyone loves a good ghost story, but the bodies would have deteriorated by now.

Not necessarily. There have been several recoveries of bodies a number of years old.
The one that comes to mind was in Utah. They went looking for two very recent
bodies with side-scan, and ended up with five, stretching back to 1995.

Bodies?

Chuck Tribolet:
Not necessarily. There have been several recoveries of bodies a number of years old.
The one that comes to mind was in Utah. They went looking for two very recent
bodies with side-scan, and ended up with five, stretching back to 1995.

I know the incident that you are talking about and yes, you can located bodies that have been underwater for a long time. My comments were more toward the idea of a floating graveyard of preserved bodies.

A body can be preserved depending on certain conditions. If it is covered in the sediment or if there is special clothing like a wetsuit, which protects the skin. As a matter of fact, there are probably a couple of bodies of divers in wetsuits at the bottom of Rubicon Wall. However, bodies floating in mid water in street clothes is highly unlikely. The ony thing that would be left is their bones on the bottom.

As part of my training as a public safety diver we had to study the effects of water immersion on bodies. I spent a lot of time looking at photos of bodies immersed in water, pretty creepy.

June 30th is the sierra dive center fun dive at Bliss Park.

Please be aware there are new rangers at Sand harbor and they do not seem to be diver friendly as others have been in the past..

You may also want to check out Meeks Bay state park on the west shore as well.

Mostly sand out to the wall head south and you run into some nice rock piles.

To hit the rock wall at Bliss park you need to head out around the point. Quite a but of surface swim but worth it. Watch your depth!

Well, I don't have to worry about the rangers in Lake Tahoe because I hate that place, bad experiences too. :D Why would I want to drive 4 hours up to Tahoe while I could drive an hour to Monterey or half an hour to bug Chuck or Andy? Anyways, my stomach hurts now so you all have a nice post about Lake Tahoe. :wink:

Lots of great spots can be accessed by kayak. Stateline wall off of crystal bay. Dollar point wall. Anywhere along Rubicon wall to emerald bay. to many to list

I'd bring my kayak either way as the lake is a great place for kayaking, but it sounds like it will work well for diving too. Thanks for the info, but is there a list somewhere of all the dive sites, on a webpage or something? Kinda like shorediving.com...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom