Large numbers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwdiver2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What computer has the largest numbers, size wise? I need to replace several older XTC 100s which have huge numbers.

Zeagle N2Ition (3) has decent size numbers

415Jvpird-L._AA300_.jpg

before that it's predecessor the N2ition 2 had decent numbers and can still be bought I think. it's also the same as the TUSA IQ-700 and the Dive Rite Nitek Duo

N2ition.jpg
iq700.jpg
DIR625-2T.jpg

Tusa IQ-850 has good sized numbers

iq-850_main__25367_zoom.gif

The Tusa IQ-700 (replaced the 750 with a "lesser user functions") computer has large numbers. I don't suggest it though as the specs on it show it has limitations that I don't like. For example, it won't store but something like 10 to 20 dives in memory. which means you can't do most liveaboard trips (week long) and keep all your dives on your computer without some of them getting knocked off.

IQ-750.jpg

I like the VT3 wrist mount during daylight. However, on a night dive is it difficult for me to read.

Are you asking because of uncorrected vision or low light/contrast issues? In my case, when reaching the age where presbyopia interfered with reading instruments I also found that it interfered with seeing small critters. Prescription bifocal lenses in my mask solved both problems.

If the issue is contrast, color displays are universally acclaimed as having the best low-light readability. Unfortunately, they tend to be the most expensive dive computers on the market.

Checkout the Oceanic PP2
I can read it without glasses :D

Its all about age, tried bifocals prefer big numbers, I'll look into the Tusa that looks good.

, I'll look into the Tusa that looks good.

Note: since you said Tusa, they don't make the IQ-700 anymore (you'll have to buy one of the other brands) and I don't prefer/recommend the replacement, the IQ-750.

To be honest, I got the Zeagle N2ition (same as the Tusa IQ-700) this year and I'm not as happy with it as I hoped. It's not a bad computer.... but I don't like how conservative it is compared to my other computer and the fact that it doesn't give you credit for "deep stops" on deco. I wouldn't buy it again. (but that's just my preference/opinion).

I have a Shearwater for tech work, this is purely falling off a boat in Coz or Manado. I'm a Zeagle fan I'll take a look, but it looks about the same as the Suunto's I have had. The Tusa 850 is about the size and shape of the old XTC 100 so I might look for it also.

Thanks guys

Why not use the Shearwater. The ones I'v seen seem to have reasonably large numbers.

Back
Top Bottom