laser pointer testimonial

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't count on it. Ask you MD anyway I wouldn't be to optimistic. I would be leary of success on a chronic condition.

Edit:

Ugh! where's my head at???? If you have oral sores, then, yes this might be palliative. I was thinking intestinal...guess we know where my head is at :11: .

Regards,

Larry Stein

jagfish:
Hey Archman...
That giant cockroach in your bio looks like it is attaching H2Andy!

JAG

Next on Fox (maybe Faux?): When Animals Attach

Oh the humanity.

K

Mo2vation:
K
Otter must be contaminating other members. Maybe the "h" is silent, and it's a hard "c".

Where can I get some of these "near-infrared LED's", before the medical industry jacks up their prices 1000%? Can I replace the LED's in a dive light with some of these things, and HEAL THE REEF? Woohoo!

As an occasional sufferer of fever blisters (usually get three per year), I want to clear this up...

1. Are you talking about a "laser pointer" like you can buy at Staples or OfficeMax? The one I use at work (for actually pointing at stuff) is a laser diode, 630-680nm wavelength, <5mw output.

2. Just point it at the area for a breif period each day? Tied to #3 as well.

3. I have some perscription topical cream that I apply when I get the first "tinglings" of a fever blister. Would the laser treatment be applied at this point as well?

DBaily,

Yup...that's the device...a $20 laser pointer.

Application: Expose the entire area overlapping onto health tissue. All parts of the affected area should get about a 30 second exposure...even up to a minute. The ideal time to begin treatment is at the first sign of tingling. If you wait for the blisters to form scabs, then you've already lived through the worst and it is already healing. The blisters can be irradiated as well and usually will begin to crust over more quickly with a reduction in pain and lessen the size of the scab area.

If a little laser light is good...a lot will actually INHIBIT healing. Do it once a day...perhaps twice but no more. Usually after one or two exposures, the virus is going away.

This treatment can stand alone...you may very well not need the cream. Some people use the capsules and these have potential side effects. These effects are avoided by using only the laser. The cream has almost no side effects. With time, the virus may develop a tolerance to the antiviral medications. Since you will need this medicine for life, you improve the odds of tolerance occuring. No tolerance to the laser occurs.

Treatment is usually successful but not 100%. Some people find that lactobacillus milk or tablets help. Others find L (notD)-lysine as a daily supplement. The laser can also be used on canker sores within the mouth with about 70% success. Heck you can even shine it on a zit and make it go away more quickly...really...in most cases!

Imagine for 1/2 the cost of one Rx, you can get relief without any side effects.

In the event of a secondary bacterial infection, viral eye infection, any other complications, see the doctor.

Let me know how this works for you.

Regards,

Laurence Stein, DDS

Mo2vation:

Oh the humanity.

K
archman:
Otter must be contaminating other members. Maybe the "h" is silent, and it's a hard "c".

The "h" isn't silent! It's pronounced just like in conch. Really -- and you say you're divers??

-Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom