Last minute trip to Coz in November... looking for suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also look into renting your gear in the US to save that expense. You might get a deal to rent it for the whole week. Then you have to think about lugging it and risk it being lost or stolen, but it is an option if it saves you money. : )

Lou pretty well nailed it. I just got back from the Cuda and I have to recommend it for the budget minded. It is just on that border of town were some ops will pick you up and some will not. DWM has great rates and may pick you up there.

Good luck and have fun!

Thank you all for your responses - you've all been extremely helpful. Sorry for not posting back sooner. Work got pretty crazy right up till the point I left. Am in Coz now. Decided to do a dive/stay package with aquasafari. Am planning on heading back to PDC for my last day to do a day of cenote diving with Yucatek divers, spending the night and going back to Cancun for my flight the following afternoon. I'll post up a trip report when I get back. Time to go find some grub. So far, street tacos have been great, but have been surprised at the limited fish/seafood options. Any suggestions?

There's a great place called Carlos Pesquedero (or something like that). He's back in the 'hood around 50 BIS or thereabouts. I forget the cross streets since I just know where to go. Maybe someone local can fill in details. He isn't open for supper so you would need to go for a post-dive lunch-supper. He often throws in free ceviche. Closes when he runs out of fresh fish. Very popular with locals who come with their dishes, which he fills, and they take home for their family.

Also try La Perla, back around 70th. Any cab can take you there. Lots of people swear by the place. There's another on 65 but name escapes me.

Thank you! I'll try my best to find them. if anyone knows the cross streets I'd really appreciate it.

After reading the reccommendations on another thread I decided to check out "El Moro". Unfortunately didn't manage to find it. I walked north by the water to 4 (norte), made a right and then walked to ave 75. Made a right onto 75 and went another few blocks. No restaurants as far as I could tell (saw squash courts and a big gas station). Found some pretty tasty tacos el pastor for $11 each at a place on Benito Juarez on the way back so all was not lost.

For future reference, anyone care to tell me where I went wrong?

You got all the way to the gas station?! :eek: Yeah, that's why I don't walk. Not that I'm lazy; I don't want to end up at the Ruins.

Glad your trip worked out well. Finishing with the cenotes is a nice touch. Clean freshwater for your gear, shallow dives, and OMG the views. Next time you go, take a Can-Do map. :wink:

You didn't go quite far enough, though you went a really long way! El Moro is on 75 Bis -- one block east of 75 -- between 2 & 4 norte.

San Carlos Pescaderia is on Ave. 50 BIS between Calle 3 & Rosada Salas.

The one that MMM may be referring to on Ave 65 is La Conchita de Caribe -- closes at 7:30 or when the last person leaves. Between Calles 13 & 15, west side of the street.

Never been to La Perla.

The one that MMM may be referring to on Ave 65 is La Conchita de Caribe -- closes at 7:30 or when the last person leaves. Between Calles 13 & 15, west side of the street.

Si. Gratias.

I'd agree with everyone and say that Caribe Blu would be a good fit for you. However you may want to consider staying in town (Casa Mexicana) You'll save some $$ in taxi's, and they offer a continental breakfast to their guests. You'll be able to pick where you want to eat & there are some great cheap restaurants within walking distance !
I've never actually stayed there, but hear great things about the place !

Oops, didnt see you were there already :(

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom