Later Morning Dives???????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel your pain, I'm not a morning person either. But for some reason when I'm on vacation, getting up to dive doesn't seem nearly the drudgery that getting up for work is :wink:

Blue Angel's boat that leaves at 10:00am is usually thier larger boat "no problem". more of a cabin cruiser than the usual 12-15' "fast boat/6 packs" that the early dives have.

This is a dive that is sort of set up for cruise shippers who can't disembark from the ship in time to make the early dives and folks that have some family members that dive and some that only snorkel.

Of course who is on the boat changes from day to day and it could be all divers and all people staying on the island, but if your non-diving companions would like to snorkel, this would be a good way to get everyone out on the reef with out having to do a snorkeling "cattle boat" and reduce the divers to lowly snorkelers (just kidding! :D )

Also, the boat doesn't go down to the southern dive sites, because of the late schedule and the larger boat doesn't have the speed of the smaller ones of course. Staying mostly in the upper half of the island, usually hitting Santa Rosa wall and Paradise reef. 2 very nice dives by the way.

Actually it's one of the few semi-guarantees to diving Paradise, other than night dives. Most advanced divers don't want to go to Paradise anymore opting for the deeper dives down south. Paradise is much like Columbia Shallows, (a Coz 'must dive' dive), if you want to go deeper than 30', you need to bring a shovel with you.

And much like Columbia Shallows it is a hidden gem, full of sea life and LOTS of bottom time! Last time I was there, there were 4 small nurse sharks out swimming around and amongst the divers, and schools of fish everywhere.

i need the same thing. we need to drop our son off with the kids program at 9:00am. we would be staying at one of the southern resorts though.

:shocked2: They're small, but they're not THAT small..... :eyebrow:

Thank you! Haha! I was gonna say......

I have two six pack fast boats...Shamu is 29 ft and Bandida is right at 30ft...and these are pretty standard sized "small" boats here. They may not SEEM that big, but the style of the boats makes the actual size of them deceiving. I don't think a 15ft boat would hold three divers + gear and tanks...let alone 6 divers plus tanks :)

To give a sense of scale to the numbers, this is a 15' boat:

f_16385088_1.jpeg

Check out Papa Hogs Scuba Emporium of Cozumel - Mexico Mike is one of the local Naui Course directors, they have 8 dive boats most of them speedy 6 pack boats they sometimes can accomodate later dives.Maybe they can help you

We used to dive with Deep Blue and stay at the Presidente (which is right next to the caleta). They usually picked us up at the dock a bit after 0900.

I'm much happier diving when I'm actually awake.

you might want to check out Caballitos de Caribe,, they're about 2 blocks off the town square on 5th. They picked me up at my dock each morning between 10:30 and 11:00,, you'll find the divemasters( Mateo and Julio), and the boat captain (Lorenzo) a great bunch to dive with. Very safety conscious, informative, and the divers pick the dive sites

I dove with Blue Magic last week. They picked me up each day around 9:15 at my hotel, Park Royal. They also picked up divers from their pier farther south, but I can't remember which resorts. It was probably around 10 AM by the time we got to them. They have fast boats to get you to any site. I was very happy with Blue Magic, and would use them again.

Back
Top Bottom