• All latex

Votes: 44 68.8%
  • Latex wrists and Neoprene neck

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Neoprene wrists and Latex neck

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the 3 suits I've owned have had each combination. My first suit was a Harvey's neoprene and had neoprene seals all around. I currently own a Bare with latex wrist and neoprene neck and a DUI with all latex.

They all stay dry but I find the latex seals uncomfortable to the point where I dislike wearing the DUI suit.

Yes, the seals are trimmed and yes, they may be still too tight. I find trimming them smoothly and evenly difficult and I'm afraid of trimming off too much.

I prefer neoprene seals by a long shot.

WW

I too am on my third drysuit.
Here are my experinces.

My first was a neoprene, with neoprene neck and wrist seals. Had to fiddle with seals turning them under. Neoprene wrist seals took a beating tearing too easily.

I was never dry, always damp, leaks at the wrist or neck.
My second suit a Viking pro, odered neoprene neck and latex wrist. Detached hood. After several neck leaks, I switched the neck to latex.

My 3rd suit is a Viking HD, Latex neck and wrist seals with attached latex hood.

This is the dryest combination for me.

MikeD
:blfish:

I own a DUI Trilam with Latex seals and am SURE that any irritation around my neck after a dive has to do with stubble or razor burn. If I have just shaved that morning there is no problem all day, even when leaving the neck on all day.

I tried a neoprene seal suit before buying and agree the neoprene is much warmer :bonk: but at least in my case was more difficult to don.

Someone mentioned trying baby powder (talcum powder) or KY Jelly for the discomfort of latex seals. Unless I am mistaken, the KY is not supposed to be used for comfort, but ease of getting your seals on without the risk of tearing them, and the talcum powder is for keeping your seals from sticking together during storage.

dsao

goyan

I like my latex neck seal.. But I don't know about those latex wrist seals.. Sometimes when I am grabbing or pulling things, like rocks or anchor lines, the ligament in my wrists "channel" water in.. A pretty cold blast that I do not like. Would neoprene be the answer? Oh and dry gloves are out of the questions for right now. any other options?

I own a White's drysuit with latex seals and half to say that for myself they are very comfortable.

i'll agree with alot of divers that neoprene seals are warmer but decided against them because i didn't want the hasle with them for a good water tight seal.

Shaven or unshaven, or even when i leave my suit on for awhile, i don't experience any noticeable irritation. Like everybody else, make sure that the seals are not too tight.

Safe diving

Sam.

:wink:

Well I just stripped the latex seals off my suit, got tired of looking like I tried to hang myself, I tried cutting the seals until the leaked, oils, lubes, ky, whatever, latex just causes me "a paine in the neck." litterally! Cant wait to try it, just finished putting it on tonight, dive trip planned in 1.5 weeks, I'll give a report after the trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom