Latex vs Neoprene seals

What kind of wrist seals are on your drysuit?

• Latex

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • Neoprene

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Dry Gloves

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neoprene neck which I love .(I would never go back to the latex neck.)
Heavy duty latex for the wrists.
This combination I am very happy with.
Dry on every dive.

Milo

SoCalAngel:
I got neoprene... because I was too afraid I might poke a hole in latex with my nails :rofl3:
Been there!! But it was my neck seal.:(

It was time to replace them anyway.

Previous suit had neoprene wrist and neck; no problems.

Current Viking has latex, no problems but I find the latex neck a bit more time consuming to adjust.

Current Whites has neo neck and latex wrists; best of both worlds.

One of these days I'll get around to installing the dry gloves I bought many moons ago.

Latex is what my Bare NexGen came with. I had neoprene in my semidry but that is not the same thing I am sure. I haven't tried neoprene dry seals so I can't tell you which I prefer. My latex seals haven't leaked (yet) in 20 or so dives. If you get latex just be really careful and use a sharp cutter to adjust the seals.

Mike

jeckyll:
Mine came with Latex. A buddy of mine just got his switched back to latex bacause he hated the neoprene seals.

Are you looking to use Dry gloves?

I'm not sure what I want, but I am sure that I don't want to limit my ability to switch over to dry gloves by choosing the wrong kind of wrist seals.

I dive a Viking Pro with removable wrist seals so I use the latex type because that is what fits the rings in the wrist. The neck always sees a bit tight though.

Sambolino,
I have a neoprene neck seal - warm and more comfortable
I have latex seals with neoprene over the top of the latex - keeps the hands a little warmer.

I have had all latex in the past and the one thing I do prefer is the neoprene neck seal - it's just so much more comfortable.

sambolino44:
I'm not sure what I want, but I am sure that I don't want to limit my ability to switch over to dry gloves by choosing the wrong kind of wrist seals.

You can get dry gloves with either type of seal. I have a neo drysuit with Diving Concepts dry gloves.

--Matt

sambolino44:

I have neoprene neck and wrist seals. I like them and they keep me dry. Donning and doffing is no problem and thet do sem sturdier than latex.

The downside is that there are few dry glove options. One is Diving Concepts. With them you can remove the seal and just mount the glove to an open cuff ring or remove the seal and install a cuff with an internal latex seal. I'm working on a DIY system at the moment.

The neoprene seals are warmer.

If you plan do visit serious depths neoprene by it's compressible nature does have the potential to lose it's fit properties at depth.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom