Latex vs Neoprene seals

What kind of wrist seals are on your drysuit?

• Latex

Votes: 52 75.4%
  • Neoprene

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Dry Gloves

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm for latex seals - but with DC dry gloves attached, not a great challenge...

I can see the argument for a neoprene neck seal though. It would certainly be warmer on entering the water, but I'm not sure that you'd really notice the difference after that.

I have neoprene seals and dont like them at all. They make it very difficult to get in and out of my suit. I have tried latex and want to make the switch asap. Also I can add drygloves easier to latex. Thats a big plus for me. There are dryglove makers that have systems for neoprene but they permanently stretch the seals.

I have a neoprene neck seal and latex wrist seals.

Super comfortable, and like others have said - neoprene in the neck helps keep the neck warmer. I also prefer the feel of the neoprene neck seal over the latex one.

Never had a leak (knock on wood), and I don't find the neoprene neck seal any more difficult to put on than a latex one.

-Brandon

MarkUK:
I prefer neoprene wrist and neck seals – I find them warmer, much more comfortable and I have never had a problem with them leaking. Latex to me is too cold, and too uncomfortable.

That said, my new drysuit has latex seals which are reasonably comfortable, but I am getting them all swapped over to neoprene ASAP.

Mark

Feel the same way here also,much warmer. It could be embarassing if as you suit up a seal(latex)tears and you cannot make the dive.especially if its a paid commercial dive and you hold everyone up or a class session.

Latex seals with dry gloves I just added. Works great for me, no cold neck problems even under the ice.

Back
Top Bottom