Lauderdale by the Sea-Tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
:l:
no thanks!

LOL, that would be me in 3-5' seas

Hopefully weather will be better next weekend!

Been there. Done that. got the t shirt. :)

For the future - get yourself authorized with Tigertail. It is a great set up with one big confined water with a 5' and a 10' section plus the two old platforms at 6' and 22'. Plus they have laid out a great path in the lake including a big statue of Posiden, lots of funny traffic signs, anchored lines to do your descents / ascents and CSA on. Lots of good work went into the lake - my students like it so much they have asked to go back post certification to dive it againl.

As for this weekend....... yuk!

ReneeC:
For the future - get yourself authorized with Tigertail. It is a great set up with one big confined water with a 5' and a 10' section plus the two old platforms at 6' and 22'. Plus they have laid out a great path in the lake including a big statue of Posiden, lots of funny traffic signs, anchored lines to do your descents / ascents and CSA on. Lots of good work went into the lake - my students like it so much they have asked to go back post certification to dive it againl.

As for this weekend....... yuk!

I like it too. There really are some cool fish as well.

So, can we dive it tomorrow afternoon?

Scuba_Dad:
High tide is at 11:43. That means hit the water 11-11:15. I'm planning on getting there around 10:30.

I still don't have a kitchen pass, yet. I'm still working on it.

My plan is to get my 13 yr old to relax in the water in preparation for Invasion II. We'll probably stay real shallow and play around the pilings.

Goshdarnit, that's too early for me...I MUST ride my bike tomorrow morning, we leave for our bicycle trip of the Blue Ridge Parkway in less than two weeks and I must ride every chance I get to be in condition. I was hoping you'd say something like 2 p.m.

Tell you what, if my bike ride gets cancelled for rain, I will show up at the bridge! I can dive in the rain (we're going to be wet DUH) but I will not bike in the rain.

p.s. After this morning's ride, I kayaked for two hours today around the West Lake Park area, delicious!!! Lucky me...it's about five blocks from home. :D

DebbyDiver:
Goshdarnit, that's too early for me...I MUST ride my bike tomorrow morning, we leave for our bicycle trip of the Blue Ridge Parkway in less than two weeks and I must ride every chance I get to be in condition. I was hoping you'd say something like 2 p.m.

I just found out that my planned dive buddy (Riley) for tomorrow has his last Confirmation class at church. Ugh!!! My wonderful dive daughter, ScubaKat11, has recital pictures. Oldest son graduated from HS yesterday, and he's planning on hitting at least 4 graduation parties. My home built dive buddies are all tied up.

I just sent a text to FLDiveJunkie... Maybe she'll want to go. :D

My gills are dry... I need to get wet.

Al

Al, so let's plan it SOON...I really want to dive BHB!! We have all summer...but your kids are only kids for a short period of time. Enjoy! :)

DebbyDiver:
Al, so let's plan it SOON...I really want to dive BHB!! We have all summer...but your kids are only kids for a short period of time. Enjoy! :)

Yup! Definitely need to hit BHB soon. We also have to go practice diveyaking... I'm sure the first couple of attempts will be interesting. :rofl3:

I was really hoping to get my 13 yr old in the water. He needs to get some dives under his belt, and BHB is a great non-threatening place to do it.

I didn't realize how busy the kids were this weekend. I knew Jack was going to be busy, but... the other two are normally free on Sunday.... not this weekend...

Al

I don't know about BHB area, but we had horrific storms down here this morning...I had to skip my morning bike ride. I saw lightning when I went out to fetch my paper. It rained like heck. We need it though.

I am going to Kayuba's meeting Monday night to join, and I hope to tag along on some of their dives next weekend...hoping for calm seas!!!

I will most definitely be diveyakking or at least snorkelyakking during Invasion and Reunion. Can't wait!!

Tried out my new Dry Pak camera bag yesterday...not pleased with the photos, I need to practice more. Can you believe that area is about a minute from my house? I was able to get pretty close to some incredible birds, and a giant iguana ran up a tree as I paddled past. I plan on spending lots of time there this summer.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom