LBTS/Dania Area Shore diving 11/20-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update to forecast as i leave work - looks like they think it will settle down - could be a good weekend to get out if the viz isnt bad:
.SATURDAY...WINDS EAST 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A
LIGHT CHOP.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...WINDS EAST 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.
.SUNDAY...WINDS EAST 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.
See you on the sandy stuff :wink:

I'm thinking of joing you all but it will be a last minute decision. On call all weekend but looks like I have a short break between noon and 6PM. I'll keep on eye on this to see where and when everything ends up.

Have fun ya'll. Besides the fact that this is a Hermit Crab weekend, I got a sore throat. :(
good night.

Hope you feel better soon! Lots of Vitamin C!

Scuba_Jenny:
....I got a sore throat. :(
good night.
Jen, that is why I'm shore-bound this weekend. I've been trying to shake this cold all week! It started with the sore throat, BTW.

The water is looking ok from here, though. Wind is whistling though my windows, though, so it can go either way. Best of luck to everybody!

Hot soaking bath, echinecea with goldenseal, vitamin C, homemade chicken soup, good nights sleep...what else is left? Here it is going on day 3 and the sore throat is worse.

Meanwhile, I hope ya'll have a good dive.

Scuba_Jenny:
Hot soaking bath, echinecea with goldenseal, vitamin C, homemade chicken soup, good nights sleep...what else is left?

Just keep telling yourself, "I won't get sick, I don't catch colds". Keep repeating it to yourself until you start to believe it. Colds are psychological, its all in your head. Convince yourself of this and your immune system will make it true. I used to get colds like everybody else, one day my dad told me that he didn't believe in colds therefore didn't get them. I tried it, and it worked. Initially, I had to remind myself all the time. Now I only have to remind myself whenever I meet someone who has one. Occasionally (maybe once every 3-4 years) I may start getting symptoms of something, I just remind myself I don't get colds, and by the next day I'm back to normal.

Anywaz, FWIW, works for me...

Daphne

ewwwww, Jenny! We got funk from the reef id class.... I've got a sore throat and my ears hurt (no infections in them though ....yay!!) I hate cooties!!!!

btw, I finally got your jacket in a box and actually down to the car, I promise it will indeed find it's way to the post office on Monday, I have a few things in there for my.... okay, well... your cutie-pie hermit crab.... Hope everyone frees themselves of the funk bug soon...

Vickie

Jenny and Mike, I hope you guys feel better soon; we'll miss you guys.

So are we diving Pompano or LBTS? and is 1:00 still the time? I'm going to assist a class in the morning (8:30) at the 12th St. Pompano dive site, so I won't have a chance to check and see who's going and where. Will someone please give me a call and let me know? ScubaJenny and Mike Jacobs have my cell #. If we're doing Pompano, I'll be happy to report dive conditions.

Thanks!

Scuba_Jenny:
Hot soaking bath, echinecea with goldenseal, vitamin C, homemade chicken soup, good nights sleep...what else is left? Here it is going on day 3 and the sore throat is worse.

Meanwhile, I hope ya'll have a good dive.

Sounds like you covered all the bases.
How about a hot bath, a glass of nice brandy and a good nights
sleep. In that order.

Now, what do you have for an ear infection that is going on for over 1-1/2 weeks.

I hope you get better soon.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom