LDS sell ScubaPRO..need help choosing the right equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive Sp regs off the coast of Newfoundland and Nova Scotia.....dont get much colder than that....I have personally dove the Mk25/S600 in 28 degree water many times with no problems regarding freeflows. I also have several Mk16's (the precurser to the mk17 without the environmental seal) that is a bulletproof reg as well.... in my opinion SP makes the best regs in the world and you cant knock the warrenty. ANY COMBINATION OF SCUBAPRO REGS WILL WORK GREAT IN ANY WATER CONDITION. In my opinion the MK5/109 balanced adjustable is the best regulator ever built....its old but indestructable.

Thank you for info. Now here is another thing, I just come back from another LDS and I found out that they are selling and servicing most of the brands: Apeks, Aqualung, Zeagle, Suunto and more. Now it is becomes harder for me to choose. I tried Zaegle Ranger and Tech bcds and them both looks good. I think I like Ranger more. They do not have BlackDimond in stock, but I wanted to try it. Anywhay, I have to choose now from many brands and it makes my life harder. I looked at ATX50 regulator and I like it. It also meets my requirements. I understand that everyone here will like their own stuff more than anything else, but if you will be buying you first gear what would you choose based on your experience, durability, serves etc... Sorry, for repetitive question I am sure it was asked here numerous time, but it would be great to get the honest answers.:wink: Thank you in advance.

I'd still get ScubaPro.

Factories in both America and Europe. Large support base all over the world. Superb warranties. Pretty much no questions asked replacement policies. Free parts program in America. Lifetime warranty on fins. Excellent customer service. And more.

(Guy I know dropped his dive computer onto a tiled floor. About a 15-20ft drop and the LCD got those black spots in it. Sent it to ScubaPro and they replaced it no questions asked. Pretty sure thats not in the warranty but thats what they did.)

Having said that there is nothing wrong with Apex or Aqualung Regs. Have limited Zeagle experience but I have not enjoyed diving in the BC's of theirs that I have tried. (Zeagle Ranger on several occasions.)

I'd take the KnightHawk over any bc's these manufacturers make. As for Regulators I'd probably get ScubaPro ahead of Apex or Aqualung just because of my experience with ScubaPro. The Apex would be a very close 2nd choice.

drew52:
I'd still get ScubaPro.

(Guy I know dropped his dive computer onto a tiled floor. About a 15-20ft drop and the LCD got those black spots in it. Sent it to ScubaPro and they replaced it no questions asked. Pretty sure thats not in the warranty but thats what they did.)

Guy I know, changed his battery. Went diving. Water got in it. Took it to the shop. They sent it in. Got a new one back.

Aqualunger:
Thank you for info. Now here is another thing, I just come back from another LEDS and I found out that they are selling and servicing most of the brands: Apeks, Aqualung, Zeagle, Suunto and more. Now it is becomes harder for me to choose. I tried Zaegle Ranger and Tech bcds and them both looks good. I think I like Ranger more. They do not have BlackDimond in stock, but I wanted to try it. Anyway, I have to choose now from many brands and it makes my life harder. I looked at ATX50 regulator and I like it. It also meets my requirements. I understand that everyone here will like their own stuff more than anything else, but if you will be buying you first gear what would you choose based on your experience, durability, serves etc... Sorry, for repetitive question I am sure it was asked here numerous time, but it would be great to get the honest answers.:wink: Thank you in advance.

I might answer this question on the regulators.

Currently I have three ATX100 and five MK25AF/G250HP and S600. Both regs are great and hard to tell which one is better. It is pretty much personal preference.
Everyone has a different priority on the reg, such as temperature, hose routing, simple design, part accessibility, etc....

For example, which car do you think better between Mercedes and Bimmer?

However, there are another factors you might need to consider. The popularity on Apeks over Scubapro, especially on the tech community, isn't only performance matter. The part availability and self serviceable factors are also great important to most tech divers for the financial and convenient matters. However, if you stick to the rec. diving and get a reg from the authorized dealer, SP is better choice due to their dealer network around the world. SP also guarantees their lifetime warranty unlike a depreciated warranty scheme on Apeks through AquaLung.

Just my 2 bar:D

hoosier:
For example, which car do you think better between Mercedes and Bimmer?

So I guess I can go with ScubaPro or Aqualung and I should be fine with either one. I think I like the way how the Legend looks better then x650. Thank you for your help.

Aqualung, Apeks, ScubaPro all great. You won't have problems with any of them.

I still think there are a number of pros to ScubaPro but these are all quality brands you are looking at.

As for looks the ScubaPro S600 may be more to your liking than the X650

We refer to the X650 as the jock strap :wink: It definitely is an ugly second stage but it performs well.

Aqualunger:
I think I like the way how the Legend looks better then x650.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom