Leisure pro loses price match: be careful...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow... great price. I will have to check ScubaStore more often. I always go to LP first.

All of my new Apeks regulators came from these guys. Good people to deal with. I also got free landyards, too. :)

Hey Reefers,

I first want to let all know that I have ordered and sold a lot of my scuba gear from and to leisure pro and have had items price matched in the past with stellar customer service.

However, just this last week I decided to shop a little more online because I was ready to pay $1,599.99 for a Galileo Sol computer and pay extra for shipping to Leisurepro.

So while they were on their holiday break I went to www.scubastore.com and found the Galileo Sol for $1,168.94. We are talking about computer with transmitter brand new.

To make a long story short, I wait for leisure pro to come back from holiday break fearing that the price match will be gone. After an intense 3 days they tell me that the manager is gone and they cannot price against that without his approval.

I show them emails were the same manager priced matched against scubastore in the past and beat them for a regulator, they say must wait another two days since the manager is out due to a broken foot.

No way, I am not going to wait and lose this deal. I go to scubaboard and look up the track record of this online company in Spain and see nothing but great feedback from divers like you, thanks.

I order it immediately and shipping is free to my door through DHL, I read the fine print on their website and United States is cleared of a lot of red tape that other countries have to pay.

Anyway, leisurepro calls me the next day to tell me their manager said NO! Okay I knew that was going to happen, I tell them bye bye.

Divers, she arrived today in only 4 days from Spain and here are the pics of this gorgeous computer at a rock bottom price.

Also for your information the price dropped another $100 dollars, those looking for a Galileo buy one if they are still on sale, get them before leisurepro picks them up and charges you all their high price.

Mike Guerrero

p.s
Want to say thank you to scubastore for making my purchase such a great experience, I will be purchasing many more things in the future from them.

Thanks for posting this. The prices on Apeks regs are very atractive Regulators, Regulators. Scubastore.com, buy, offers, scuba

With the current ongoing financial crisis the world is putting its money into US $ (and Yen) so the $ is a lot stronger. Stuff bought from Europe is now almost 25% cheaper than it was six months ago. Thats a huge difference.

I have had good experiences with both stores but you CANNOT beat the customer service from scubatoys

wow... great price. I will have to check ScubaStore more often. I always go to LP first.

Indeed.

I am usually an LP first person too, but I clearly need to widen my net.

One question though: if the goods are being shipped from Europe, don't you get assessed with import duty?

I am usually an LP first person too, but I clearly need to widen my net.

One question though: if the goods are being shipped from Europe, don't you get assessed with import duty?

Only if you want to be honest! It's amazing how people have no qualms about defrauding the USG or sending valuable dollars abroad in this economy. But it's OK because they're 'beating' LP pricing. Then they boast on the board about their illegal activities. SB is great! :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom