Leisure Pro now an authorized Zeagle dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Authorized Dealers = Authorized Prices. Puts us all on the same level playing field. I'd rather see them Authorized than Gray Market. Maybe this will be an incentive for the rest of the manufacturers to come in out of the rain. Especially those that are already wet!
Safe Diving,
George

PhilEllis:
You name me ONE serious businessman who EVER wanted the playing field "leveled" with his competitor. Most want an advantage!

Tall, funny looking dude with long hair....runs a store called Scuba Toys, or something like that.

I don't think anyone was happier than him when LP became an authorized Zeagle dealer....but you can ask him....he is pretty easy to find.

:wink:

Larry just got tired of matching Leisure Pro's price and loss of more possible profit. But I can't blame Larry for that. That would be normal for anyone.

Like scott said, he didn't think anyone was happier when LP became a dealer. Not because he had another dealer to compete with, but because he didn't have to compete with their lower price anymore.

ST is a large Zeagle dealer. I'm sure that Scott got calls often from Larry and other dealers complaining about LP pricing being below theirs.....

Phil, dealers (of any product type) only want a "level playing field" when it benefits them.

(or shall I say they want everyone else to be on a level playing field and they not have to be one....)

Authorized Dealers = Authorized Prices. Puts us all on the same level playing field. I'd rather see them Authorized than Gray Market. Maybe this will be an incentive for the rest of the manufacturers to come in out of the rain. Especially those that are already wet!
Safe Diving,
George

ah.... an employee of another shop that is a Zeagle dealer that has a low price guarentee to match any price. I'm betting this too was a point of frustration in this shop.

http://www.primescuba.com/t-BestPrice.aspx

I wonder if Larry's sales of Zeagle will go down now that he doesn't have to discount them to match Leisure Pro's price?

I would expect it will have a greater effect on Zeagle sales than scubatoys sales. This will make other brands more price competitive as Zeagle prices may now stay at or closer to MAP. But any loss may be offset by additional dealers seeking Zeagle products as the LP competition factor is somewhat neutralized.

And much may depend on whether the LP price actually changes or just the advertised price. Scubatoys has its special 10% discount and I doubt that LP is going to just accept being undersold.

You might be right..... Folks might say "why pay $600 or $700 for a Zeagle BC" when they can buy another brand for a lot cheaper.

When LP had them at lower prices, it was more attractive to the consumer. (in regards to price)

Scott,

let me ask a follow on question.

Will making LP an "authorized dealer" which includes a raised price help or hurt zeagle sales volume? (I don't mean just sales at LP, I mean other/all dealers).

I ask this as awap pointed out this price increase might make other brand more competitive.

thanks. -Mike

Not Zeagle related, but ST would not honor the price guarantee on LP's Dive Rite TransPac price this week. ST claimed it may not be the new 2008 T3000 and only had black in stock. So I ordered the T3000 at half the cost in the color of my choice from LP. Someone told me that ST would price match. I did about equal business with both this year.

My LDS's do not carry DR or Oxycheq.

I am stuck buying gear over the internet from ST and LP without even being able to look at it first.

I wish I had the opportunity buy DR and Oxycheq at the LDS's in my area and pay California sales tax on it. I get Xcel, O'Niell, and SEADIVE only from LDS's.

Last edited:
From what I have seen, LP being authorized just means the price on their website is higher. It doesn't mean you have to pay the new price. It does mean you have to call them and I do find that a bit of a hassle.

The last time around, my LDS came within $50 of the under MAP quote I got from LP so I bought local.

Back
Top Bottom