LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWSojourner

Contributor
Reaction score
OK. I'm relatively new to diving (6 mos). I have bought some equipment at a local scuba shop (BC and Reg), but I ordered a BC and Reg for spouse from LeisurePro recently for Christmas (actually after Christmas).

It seems some of you think its a big gamble. Are they reputable? They seem to say you can return things. The convenience and cost seemed good, but are the products not genuine or used?

Any help appreciated. (posted this in wrong spot first under lights, sorry for duplicate)

My friend ordered a BCD from a mail-order scuba place once... but when he opened the box it was full of angry Africanized Honey Bees instead. They stung him on the eyeballs and privates. His last words to me were "I should have gone to my LDS".

UWSojourner:
OK. I'm relatively new to diving (6 mos). I have bought some equipment at a local scuba shop (BC and Reg), but I ordered a BC and Reg for spouse from LeisurePro recently for Christmas (actually after Christmas).

It seems some of you think its a big gamble. Are they reputable? They seem to say you can return things. The convenience and cost seemed good, but are the products not genuine or used?

Any help appreciated. (posted this in wrong spot first under lights, sorry for duplicate)

Assuming your new here and this isn't a troll. Welcome to the board.

As for Leisure Pro, do a search you will be reading for a week. Plenty of info for you to make up your own mind on the subject.

Scott

Scubakevdm:
My friend ordered a BCD from a mail-order scuba place once... but when he opened the box it was full of angry Africanized Honey Bees instead. They stung him on the eyeballs and privates. His last words to me were "I should have gone to my LDS".

:eek:uttahere

I have placed several orders with LP, some large, some small and even returned a few items. Sofar I have never had any problems: they ship quickly, goods are as described and the few returns were promptly refunded. So I will not hesitate to place my next order with them.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Scubakevdm:
Let me guess: an unbiased LDS.
:snorkel:ScubaRon

Lets see, I have 5 kids that are certified so I have alot of gear to buy. As a result I have bought quite a bit of gear throughout the past year. Some at my LDS and some at LP

As to LP, I have bought multiple gloves, boots, hoods, BCDs, fins, masks -- all of which which they shipped on time,

I have returned products that were the wrong size (they actually will recommend you order multiple sizes then simply return what doesn't fit -- which they have credited promptly

I returned a wetsuit to have a zipper replaced under their warrantee -- which they took about 4 weeks to do, but they did it and I couldn't tell whether they fixed or simply replace with new -- it looked that good.

My experience is that YTD I have saved roughly $1000 buying throught LP and have have had nothing but good experience's.

On the other hand I bought a pair of boots at my LDS and the zipper broke, and I had a bigger hassle exchanging than I did with my wetsuit at LP...

just my $0.02 but it is interesting how many folks bad mouth LP, yet have no problem buying books at amazon, shop at Walmart and Home Depot, and eating at fast food.

RJ

Scott M:
Assuming your new here and this isn't a troll. Welcome to the board.

As for Leisure Pro, do a search you will be reading for a week. Plenty of info for you to make up your own mind on the subject.

Scott

I'm new to the board as well, so will you please excuse my ignorance when I ask why you think this would be a troll? I haven't ordered any scuba gear online yet, but will be doing so shortly. I understand that we need to support our hobby by supporting our LDS's, but I think most LDS's factor a little too much support into their prices.

James

Webfoot asked:
why you think this would be a troll?

If you do a search on Leisurepro you will see that there have been some very heated discussions about online sellers, and specifically LP. As a result, sometimes new posts get looked at with a bit of skepticism.

I have been reading SB for 10 months now and have noticed that when certain topics [specifically new threads on DIR, Split Fins, Jacket BCs vs BP/W, Air2s, Spare Air, rec.scuba, solo diving, and the some of the higher profile individuals in the industry] are posted the regulars tend to be question whether the question is legit or a troll.

This is a family board, so the normal stuff that would generate flame wars on other sites (ie politics, etc) are explicitly banned. Personally I think is a good thing, you will have to decide for yourself. So welcome to the board. Enjoy the extensive amont of info. Generally this is a safe and sane place to learn.

RJ

Thanks for clearing that up RJ. I guess I understand how this topic could get heated as I'm sure some of the regulars here own/work at dive shops. Personally my "local" shop is about a 9-10 hour drive through the desert, so I'm gonna give LP a shot at my business. That's what brought my attention to this post in the first place. After reading through lots and lots of reviews at bizrate, I feel confident placing an order with LP. It's just good to hear as many opinions as possible before mail ordering anything.

Thanks again,
James

BTW. Thanks to the jacket BC flame war here, I'll be trying out a Zeagle Escape. lol.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom