Leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaydee197:
sorry to have to write this about a company that advertises here but here go's. I ordered an oms analyzer from them once, got it and the threads on the O2 sensor were broken off. No big deal right i have a big dive in a month that i need it for. Sent it back. Called them almost 2 weeks ago to see if my account has ...

it seems that for the low prices you take your chances of getting screwed. BUT - that's the perogative of american finance. I have customers all the time that don't can't afford to "do the right thing" and have to settle on "enough of the right thing".

After a couple of months I usually hear good resolutions to these problems.

In my brothers case, he made sure that he shipped the package back tracked and told them "I have the tracking number and it was signed for so you BETTER find it"... there is one thing a mail order company won't do and that's screw with UPS/fedex guy that shows up to pick up their packages cause one day he may just start forgetting to come by.

I was just considering buying from LP. I think your post has made up my mind. I'll stick with those that I already know and trust. Thanks for the info.

spiderman:
I was just considering buying from LP. I think your post has made up my mind. I'll stick with those that I already know and trust. Thanks for the info.

If i got through to one person it worked then....im boycotting them for good and so is my dive buddy...JD

plcmd:
If I might make a suggestion. I have bought from Leisure Pro and the biggest headache I have had has been their shipping. I will continue buying NON LIFE SUPPORTING equipment from them. As for the things that ARE life support (ie: regs, bc's, computers, etc) I would suggest buying those things from a LDS or someone here and get them to a certified service center for inspection. Granted you will pay a considerable amount more for them, but they have a Mfg. warranty and are more than likely going to perform the way they are supposed to. Just my 2 cents. :D

or you can buy from scubatoys.com which only sells items online that have a mfg. warranty.. I've had a few minor issues with them shipping double orders or shipping the wrong wet suit size, but I know they were in the middle of moving their store and things were crazy for them when I was ordering. They promptly made everything right and didn't double charge me to ship the correct size wet suit, and provided all the shipping labels, etc. to ship the old one back. But to me that's just what comes with ordering online sometimes, I'd much rather pay 40-60% less in price, AND still get the warranty. I got a great setup, upgraded everything from the LDS quote, and still came out less. My LDS sells the UK HID light cannon for $275!! For $218, you can get the light, plus a titanium knife and a small Q-40 light.

i know i really have no other options from leisurepro..I dont claim to know what they do with their produsct, if there dealers, etc...I was just pissed off that after a month of trying and two broken analyzers and 400$ still not back on my card and a dive trip this wekend where the analyzer would be usefull, i was just a little ticked and when i got off the phone with this guy i just started writing...I am not however going to buy there anymore ...JD

I've been buying from LeisurePro for about 5 years and never had a problem. BC, tanks, and accessories all for a great price. I'm real happy with them, sorry things didn't work out for you.

jaydee197:
yeah i'll have to give them a try, are there prices competitive w/ LP

They will match LP prices and give you the manufacterer warrantee...

Can't get much more competitive than that.

JAG

jaydee,

I just placed my first order with Leisurepro an am waiting for the product, that's beside the point. If your ATM Bank Card is marked with the VISA or MasterCard logo you can dispute any charge in the same way you would with a credit card. Two months ago someone in the UK starting using my bank card number to the tune of thousands of $$. It was no problem to let the bank know these were fraudulent and I had every dollar back in my account within five days. If you have record of returning this merchandise and they have received it, they must issue a credit. (if it meets the required terms of the company return policy) If it was a defective item and you have proof you returned it just dispute the charge. They have signed a terms of service agreement with MasterCard and VISA and must comply withy this. I would call the accounting department and give them the chance to do the correct thing. If they don't dispute it and post your complaint every week so that people will stop doing business with them....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom