Leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch:
I have bought numerous stuff from them. Recently, I bought a PC interface by Suunto from them. They had old software in it that wouldn't work with my system. When I contacted Suunto, they said sorry, LP is not authorized to sell their products and as such, Suunto could not warrant the product.

Every few months, some troll comes on and starts a LeisurePro thread. It's the best way to get attention.

Anyway...

I live overseas, and I buy from LeisurePro all the time, because I can get a greater variety of gear than the LDS carries, since they only buy from certain brands. Research what you want, then buy from LP. I wouldn't suggest researching at your LDS, but then again, I've met LDS employees that knew less than I did, and I know relatively little.

My LDS charges $150 more for the watch I'm wearing right now than LP. I guess that's for the expert advice on how to tell time. Got a discounted dive computer from my LDS, because it was both a display model and used. So, LDSs do the used resale thing as well.

As for Allison...I bought a downloader from LP for my Suunto mosquito. It had old software. So I did something crazy. I went to the Suunto site, and downloaded the updated software for free. Suggest you do the same. The internet...it's not just for breakfast anymore!

jaydee197:
id like to post that i did recieve a call from the general manager at leisurepro regarding the service i recieved and he apoligized for the customer service rep saying that i could not talk to him or that he was to big. He did answer my questions and presented the options to me in a very professional maner. He did not have to get back with me but made a point to do so and i appreciated it. ...JD

So do they still have lousy service and are you still boycotting them?

Marc

Just a little side comment regarding the original thread, the ads that appear for this company are run via third party vendor (Google AdSense) which provides us with a default and stable revenue stream. From time to time ScubaBoard runs banners directly for advertisers but at no time should you need to worry about making comments about such advertisers. We encourage people to post their experiences both negative and positive about any company they have dealt with. It is certain that every business has problems and every business makes mistakes just as every business also does good things at times (or so we hope). So weather you have a concern like this thread or a praise, or a rebuttal to either one please feel free to post it here and if you represent a company or simply work for one we encourage you to post your own thoughts on the issue as all stories have two sides and I am certain every member here would like to know what the other side has to say. If you have any questions about our polices or advertisers please feel free to contact me.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled discussion.

I've made several purchases from LeisurePro in the past, mostly non life-supporting products (slates, lights, gloves, hoods, etc.), and have had no problem with them. My most recent purchase was over $1,000 and included a new BC (it was last year's model and I was unable to find it in any of my LDSs) and over 60 lbs. of weights for me and a few buddies.

My shipping total for 3 day UPS was about $50. Considering that I probably saved about $300 on my purchase, I couldn't complain. I have returned items in the past that didn't fit the way I had hoped, or I realized that I didn't need after I got it. My returns were credited within about a week (I used a credit card, not a check or debit card).

I would still advise making your reg, octopus, computer, and BC purchases from your LDS so that you have the advice, warranty, set up and service that only they can provide. But for everything else, you can save a small fortune by going through LeisurePro or other mail order services.

I just visited with an lds that I have supported over the last 2 years. I have really liked them and they have treated me very well. They told me that their number 1 money maker was from Mask Fins and Snorkle. If you want your LDS to be around to fill your tank, you might want to keep them profitable. The above mentioned shop is trying to stay in business, but too many of their students buy off the Internet before they sign up for the course. It's too bad that the shop that makes the biggest effort to support divers is the one that might have to close.

DennisS:
I've been buying from LeisurePro for about 5 years and never had a problem. BC, tanks, and accessories all for a great price. I'm real happy with them, sorry things didn't work out for you.

I was think to buy leisurepro ranger bc and what do you think on there bc :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom