Leisurepro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buy from scubatoys next time. My wife and i bought tons of stuff from them. VERY knowledgable, GREAT service. stuff came fast and was what it was supposed to be. any and all problems addressed fast and to MY satisfaction. AND!!! FACTORY WARRANTIES!!! No kidding.

unfortunatley that isn't the 1st Leisure-not so-Pro horror story I have heard... After many such tales of woe all I can say is with leisurepro- you usually get much less then you pay for.

Well folks, do as you want but one of the things you are "theoretically" paying more for if you buy from a LDS is for the LDS to handle such problems.

You order something over a wire and you take your chances. Thats part of the risk that comes with the lower price.

With that said, i have placed a half a dozen or so orders with LP and never had a problem.

I am not saying all people who deal with LP have problems. But two things need to be noted.
1. There are alot of people who Order from LP who have had problems who haven't had those problems satisfactorily resolved pointing to poor customer service.
2. most people don't know or realize that the Folks at LP, for the most part if not entirely, aren't divers. To me that's like going to the doctor who knows nothing about medicine or medical procedures.

LP is a large scale distibution site...they are not authroized dealers for alot of the equipment they sell, thus no manufactures warranties... oh they have thier own in house warranty...again i refer to the analogy of the doctor above.
so again I state: the consumers at large are going to end up getting less for what they pay for in long run and remember folks this is life support equipment for what can be a hostile environment if we aren't careful kind of stuff we are talking about. not a bad hair cut from the local barber.

I guess there are mixed feelings. I too buy non-life sustaining equipment from them: fins, masks, snorkels, dive lights etc. Heck, I save $55 or more dollars on fins, $30 on each mask and I think around $20 bucks on each dive light I buy from them and none of it will kill me underwater if it doesn't work. I would never buy something like a bc or guages from then. P.S. - my LDS is simply awesome and although their prices are higher, my life is worth it and their service is great too. Good luck getting what you need.

id like to post that i did recieve a call from the general manager at leisurepro regarding the service i recieved and he apoligized for the customer service rep saying that i could not talk to him or that he was to big. He did answer my questions and presented the options to me in a very professional maner. He did not have to get back with me but made a point to do so and i appreciated it. ...JD

jaydee197:
sorry to have to write this about a company that advertises here but here go's. I ordered an oms analyzer from them once, got it and the threads on the O2 sensor were broken off. No big deal right i have a big dive in a month that i need it for. Sent it back. Called them almost 2 weeks ago to see if my account has been credited so i can have a new one sent to me. Nope not in their system yet. Getting to be crunch time for my dives that i'll need it on. They send me a new one and charge the account for another one because i need it by this friday. Get it yesterday. Turn it on and it reads only the bottom half of the numbers. Broken again. The second broken one in as many attempts. Call them today to see what can be done. Bascally nothing, i would have to send the other one back and they would charge me for another one until this one gets through their system. Which by the way has taken over two weeks and has still not been found or credited. So i say i dont have another 2 hundred dollars on my check card to buy another one and wait weeks before it shows back up again. That would be over 600$ for an analyzer right now when i need it. I may have to cancel the dives this weekend also because i cant alalyze. Hope someone else there has one. Oh yeah and the bottom timer i bought from them has also failed in less than 4 dives and they say they have to send it back to the manufacturer so i should see it "IF" it can be fixed by the manufacturer. If not then by by 150$ and the analyzer i wont have. I was a pretty good customer there spending over 2000$ there and they say there is nothing we can do. They have lost me as a customer and i will tell my story to whoever i can to try and dissuade them from purchasing anything from LEISUREPRO Sorry but thats it...JD

I have had mixed results with Leisure pro. Most of the stuff was fine, but I have received broken equipment from them. I called for a return number and sent it back. The turn around time was 2 weeks and that's shipping to Canada. I wouldn't buy anything that I needed in a hurry from them.

I have bought numerous stuff from them. Recently, I bought a PC interface by Suunto from them. They had old software in it that wouldn't work with my system. When I contacted Suunto, they said sorry, LP is not authorized to sell their products and as such, Suunto could not warrant the product. Also, I've been informed that LP is known to pass off used stuff as new. It is reported that they buy from the "grey Market"-stores who are going out of business are contacted by them and asked to make big orders wholesale which they will then buy. The manufacturer is under no obligation to warrant products that may be questionable as to their origin. I'm sure glad I didn't buy either of my computers from them. I'll still buy small stuff from them, but I'll ask about warranties before I buy anything major.

Just received my ATX50 reg setup from Leisure Pro, they assembled it and I received it 3 days later. No problems.............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom