Let's get to know the Philippine paradise divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indigoscuba:
Hey scubagun! I haven't been to agutayan is. yet. Where is that located? I also haven't been really active in shooting lately. Limited to dryfiring a couple of times a week, mainly because I don't have enough time to shoot at the range. Academics and rotc is currently seeping all the time I have. Can't wait for summer vacation!!
QUOTE]

Agutayan island is in Jasaan, Mis Or, about 30km from Cdo. We have artificial reef modules (concrete) deployed there. And giant clams that we got from UP MSI.

are you from cdo?

rico

Yes I am from cdo. :D How far is the island from the shore? Are there scheduled dive trips there or kanya2x organize?

indigoscuba:
Yes I am from cdo. :D How far is the island from the shore? Are there scheduled dive trips there or kanya2x organize?

from Kimaya, Jasaan, its about 30 mins by banka. no scheduled trips. the bigger part of the island is actually a marine sanctuary, so not anyone can dive there. but you can visit the island anytime using the local banka rentals and if you want to dive, you can do it outside the bounds of the sanctuary.

Uu layo nga! Hehe. scubagun, what organization/group is watching over the marine sanctuary? The research that I did was also done in a marine sanctuary, at Duka Bay, Medina.

indigoscuba:
Uu layo nga! Hehe. scubagun, what organization/group is watching over the marine sanctuary? The research that I did was also done in a marine sanctuary, at Duka Bay, Medina.

the LGU Municipality of Jasaan watches over it.

Back
Top Bottom