Liability Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Am tring to get info on liability insurance for sole proprietor dive business and this site was listed as having info. Anyone know anything about it.

Which insurance you go through will depend on what agency you are with, and what you are doing. For example, I have insurance for my instructors under John Witherspoon at ScubaInsurance.net. That policy is just for instruction. We teach NAUI so we can use Witherspoon - they have cheaper rates for the same policy that others offer - but you must be either Naui, SSI, or something other than PADI. You can be a PADI Instructor as well... but must have one of the other agencies instructor card too. If you're only doing PADI - check their insurance... Naui has their own as well now - but I've been with Witherspoon for a while - so I stay there.

I have a different policy for Product loss, fire, slip and fall, etc from a local company. Any of these companies will also have policies for Boat, Charter, Building etc...

Me too...some of the "other" (non Vincenzia & Buckley sp?) insurers DID require that you be something else in addition to PADI, but with Witherspoon PADI only is ok. Cheaper than V&B....which is why I searched him out in the first place, about 3 years ago when V&B jumped from something like $500/yr to $700+.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom