Lies, corruption, unethicle and unsafe practices in Commercial Diving School

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations on learning a valuable lesson: People will lie to get your money.

If you ever think you want to enter another profession, go talk to someone who already does it before you decide.

Also, doing something for a living that you enjoy as a hobby is the quickest way to ruin your hobby. I love cooking for friends and family, however if you talk to a professional chef, you'll find out they work insane hours and have virtually no outside life.

Terry

PaulSmithTek:
cial diving school, what was it for me. Well where I start. I was so excited and wanted to be a commercial diver for as long as I can remember. I wanted to go off-shore and be one of the big boys. So I did some basic research of the schools in the US. Called and compared the differences, and thought I made the right decision. So after I got all of my finances into place I was off to the great northwest. (I am keeping the Schools name confidential, for the time being.)

Upon arrival at the school, everyone was so friendly, willing to do anything they can

who are you talking to. See here is the point the board is for discussions and everyone is intitled to an opion. Mine is that i share information with people and yes I am ethicle.

I enjoy doing commercial diving and I also love Recreational diving. I dont see a issue in doing what you have a passion for, for work or for fun.. The more the marry

Harry the equipment boy sounds a little fishy to me. Hmmm half price equipment, likes to party and drink beer and eat pizza with the student customers who hes making little to no money on. Did it ever occur to you that the school instructors may have had a run in with him previously and were trying to protect you from getting ripped off? You also mentioned he did not carry the leaky Old equipment the school you just paid big money to attend recommended. Did you buy your computer from him? The one that quit? Anyhow, just a little advice from someone who is not a commercial diver just old and been there and done that. Nothing in life is easy, you believed what you wanted to hear from the recruiter. A recruiters job is to recruit you, tell you what you want to hear in order to get you to come to their school. You have to do the research and separate the fact from the fiction yourself and at least research the job market and talk to people actually doing it. This part at least you have to take responsibility for yourself. As far as not releasing their name I would have to guess you are still threatening them with releasing this info and you are wanting some sort of compensation. I look forward to you releasing it so that they can respond to your allegations. I don't think you gave anyone enough information to comment on the safety issues. But be glad you talked to a dive recruiter who glorified commercial diving and not an army recruiter who glorified the beaches of Iraq.

Let me tell all of you a little something. Didnt I say I did research. Yes. And yes it wasnt enought. Did i talk to someone that was a commercial Diver and went to the school Yes. ( before it was bought out by a another company) Also I am not in it for any money and if everyone is so apt to know who the school is it is DIT. Yes and I have proof of all of my aligations to the school. Listen I am not trying to get money from the school I want nothing to do with them. So is there anything else you would like to know. You have no idea what you are talking about. All you can do is assume. I am trying to say what I feel, people might find intresting. As for the store owner, no he has no previous relation with the school. I know this because I know some one that works in the office up there, that tells me what really is going on. So I made a mistake and I learned from it.

Also Harry, did I Buy My computer from him? No. Did I buy all of my commercial equipment from him? yes. Does my suite leak? Nope Never. Does my harness work and is it brand name? YES. Does my snap shakel work? YES. Have my boots worn out? YES, and he replaced them for free. Has any of my gear failed? No. see Harry stands behind his equipment.

Yes i belived what the recruiter told me and that was a mistake. So listen dont try and Bull **** me, and try to tell me I did this wrong and I should have done it this way. Because I will guarentee you that you have also made mistakes, and you learned from them.

What safety stuff do want to know about? Ask and you shall recieve.

Until next time

Dive safe and have a great day!:05:

Well, I'm curious. Did you graduate and are you working now as a commerical diver?

Matter afact yes I graduated and yes I am still Commercial Diving. Why do you ask?

I asked because you ended your story with your chamber ride and discussion with the dean. You never stated you graduated. Why are you so defensive?

sorry, I am sick of people talking trash. Yes I graduated and am working for a great company. I dont mean to sound rude. Forgive me please.

Wow,here we go again.........
I think I'll just stick to the rec diving and avoid all the BS. Cant imagine getting screwed outta 16,000 smackers. I could get me another Harley with that.
Chris

Back
Top Bottom