Liquivision???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbergen21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a way to get the divelogger software that was used withe the Liquivision Lynx. I can't part with this computer. I don't know why the tech (particularly the transmitter tech) has not been incorporated into the other companies in the Huish portfolio.

If you don't specifically need the original software, try Subsurface. The Lynx is on the list of supported computers.

I don't know why the tech (particularly the transmitter tech) has not been incorporated into the other companies in the Huish portfolio.
I'm only vaguely familiar with Liquivision, but this has me curious.

What is unique about the Liquivision transmitter tech? Huish has many computers that use the PPS transmitters, yet they did not acquire the transmitters when they acquired Oceanic. The fact that they did purchase Liquivision is curious as they killed the brand, but seemed to have wanted the tech.

I use PPS transmitters, and appreciate the simplicity, but I've never used a Liquivision transmitter, so no idea if I'm missing something.

but seemed to have wanted the tech.
LV held several patents. I don't know all the specifics or challenges but one was the ability to read another diver's information(psi) on your screen. LV also was charging by induction, but I thought that was challenged(could be wrong)

LV held several patents. I don't know all the specifics or challenges but one was the ability to read another diver's information(psi) on your screen. LV also was charging by induction, but I thought that was challenged(could be wrong)
Thanks. I wonder if LV was the reason Oceanic had to remove Buddy Check from their computers. I used a VT4.1, it came in a box that said VT4.0. I've learned that the main (only) difference is that the VT4.1 didn't have Buddy check.

the transmitter had longer range since it was ultrasonic based. but the computers and transmitters were never very reliable and they had screen fade issues on a lot of them

Garmin Mk2i dive computers have those features. Ultrasonic (sonar) based transmitter that has a range 10 meters and can monitor a dive buddies computer.

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
the transmitter had longer range since it was ultrasonic based. but the computers and transmitters were never very reliable and they had screen fade issues on a lot of them
The transmitter had a 100 meter range. I likel being able to track the tank pressure for my family whole diving. I definitely have issues with screen fade. I wish there was a way to replace that OLED screen. I think they were the first OLED to market. The thing looks like it was built in someones garage, but overall, I find it reliable.

I fired up one of my old computers and was able to transfer the software to my current computer. Now...does anyone have PC Interfaces they are no longer using?

Back
Top Bottom