Little Cayman in mid-Feb LCBR how are the bugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too! Been there in February several times and never really found bad mosquitos. I have never been bothered by any other bugs except the time I took a flu bug with me . . . now that was a fun trip!! 3 dives in 7 days is not a fun trip.

lol-------what bugs??---NEVER been bothered by them there or on Brac-----but I'm from Louisiana & kinda got used to bugs about 60 years ago??.....

LCBR is superb in all respects, as is the diving in Little Cayman. I went in late January last year and mid-Feb cannot be much different, apart from probably better dive conditions and so better chance of going around to the BBW. I certainly did not encounter any bugs.

What I love about LCBR is it simple, straightforward and ergonomic layout. From the front reception, you go on to the accommodation area, which is right next to the swimming pool and great fun-bar. Further down is the Dive Centre leading to the beach and pier...and the sea. No long treks back & forth and they even carry the kit from your room to the dive centre.

The best part was the buffet. Lots of good food and you'll probably wish that you had a bigger stomach!

I consider LCBR as #1 in the World for a Dive Resort for divers.

To answer my own question....

Just came back yesterday after a week at LCBR. This was a group trip with my LDS = great time and loved pretty much everything......LCBR, the quality of LIttle Cayman diving, the super laid back pace of the life on the island. I'll write a more complete trip report once I've gone through pics and video.

As for the bugs = really not a problem. There was a nice breeze on most days. LCBR has raised wooden walkways throughout the resort that connect the guest rooms, dining room/reception, pool/bar area, dive shop and dock.....which probably helps to minimize any sort of ground bugs/sand fleas (also keeps sand out of rooms). Maintenance staff seemed to rake sandy areas most days. LCBR does have a sandy beach area with chaise lounges and hammock cabanas....though I did not spend any time on the beach.

There was really only 1 time I noticed bugs..... Late afternoon one day I ordered some nachos form the bar while sitting poolside to log my dives. A few bugs showed up.....perhaps more for the food than for me.

So, based on my n=1, when it's breezy bugs don't seem to be an issue....but perhaps worth bringing some spray just in case (I put some on early morning since I liked sitting on the dock to watch sunrise each AM....and early evening). We rented scooters and drove around the island during our off-gassing afternoon on Friday..... There are many large ponds including the booby reserve across the street that look like mosquito paradise.....

Thanks again to all for the comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom