Little Cayman late July questions.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will also be on LC the last week of July.

Last year at that time, the water was 84 degrees plus, very warm. So much so that I was hot in a 1.5 mil rash guard and board shorts. I ended up diving all week in a t shirt and board shorts.

Weather was great, no storms, calm seas.

You never know for certain what weather you will get if any storms pass near by. Odds are good, but you never know.

A few weeks ago, in late May was a near record rainfall. THAT was not normal.

As others have said, late summer water conditions are generally perfect unless you have a tropical storm of some sort nearby. We have been multiple times between late July and late September, and only had bad conditions for diving once, when we had a storm passing a few hundred miles south of GC. The rest of the time, the water was flat enough that you could have kayaked to Cuba if you wanted. The downside to light winds is that there is little in the way of a cooling breeze, and it can get pretty warm hanging around outside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom