Live aboard versus dive resort / Fav in Caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As others have said, being on a liveaboard is nothing like riding the dayboats to your site. The liveaboards are much more stable. My husband is prone to seasickness and has very rarely been seasick on the 6 or 7 liveaboards we've done. And it's not like he's sick the whole week. It was usually at night when we were crossing a rough area and he was always better by the next morning. When the weather is rough the captains are very good at finding spots to put you where it is calmer.

We love liveaboards. You should try it at least once. We did and we got hooked. In my opinion there is no easier way to dive. Set your gear up once and then eat, dive, sleep and repeat all week. As far as locations I can recommend Turks and Caicos with Explorer Ventures. They are a great company. Enjoyed everything about that trip...the diving, the crew, the food, and the boat itself.

If you are interested in land based dive resorts, go to some of the subforums here for the areas you are interested in and look at what people have to say about that particular resort. You'll get a good perspective of what to expect. For instance look in Bay Islands subforum of Central America to get info on Cocoveiw Resort. Having been there I would say it is the closest resort to a liveaboard you can get. They really take care of you and set up your gear for you before every boat dive. Great place but I stil prefer my liveaboards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom