Living in Utsunomiya-shi, Tochigi-ken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NigerHadiza

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I didn't realize that there was a diving group here in Japan. I am very new to diving and will take my Open Water course on the Great Barrier Reef this summer vacation (natsu yasumi). I will leave for Oz on July 24th.

I was wondering if there would be a time that I could come to an outing (gathering/party) in Tokyo? I live fairly close but would have to plan ahead in order to have a place to stay, etc. Are there any gatherings on the weekends? I work M-F of course teaching English to K-6th graders.

I am truly excited about this new hobbie I will hopefully love. I've heard after one dive you're hooked and I've always been a 'water bug' as my family would always say. I am just afraid of being seasick!

Anyway, I hope someone can shed some light for me about this group. :)

Sincerely,

Anna

When you get certified you'll have to make a trip down to Okinawa too. I can't speak for the diving in "Naichii" (as the Okinawans call mainland Japan) but the diving down here is spectacular. 20-35 meter visibility is the norm, with water temps ranging from 20 degrees c in the winter to 30 degrees c in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom