LOB MV White Manta Mar 2010 Schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In May and June it will sail from Kota Kinabalu to Layang Layang and other nearby Spratley Islands
That sounds interesting. This is the first time I hear about a Spratly Islands liveaboard.
Your comment made me do a Google Search that brought up this link but there is very little information there. I'd be curious to hear more.

This will be the first time the Black Manta is going to the Spratlys so there is not much information I know about the diving, beyond Layang Layang. The other places it is planning to visit are not that far away from LL so I believe the diving is similar but without the crowds. According to Welcome to Whitemanta.com,

7 Days / 6 Nights Layang Layang and The Borneo Banks Exploration (Sprartlys)

Borneo Banks are beyond Layang Layang and consists of the Ardarsier shoal, Mariveles reef, Investigator Shoal, Erica Reef, Dallas Reef. Sailing time is about 17 hours from Kota Kinabalu.

Price SGD$2500 (~US$1,800) per diver in twin or double ensuite cabin
Price Includes
Airport transfer from KK airport to Boat and to airport
6 nights onboard Black Manta (5 full days of diving)
All meals, drinking water and hot berverge, snacks and fruits
Towel , daily cabin services,
Tanks, weight belt, dive guide
Port fee

I don't know about the boat you found but that looks like a decent savings if it is anywhere close to the Black Manta standards of service, comfort and safety.

In the interest of full disclosure, I sometimes work on the Black Manta as an instructor.

I'm waiting for BM's Singapore schedule. I can't go the whole summer without diving !

Going to the Spratlys would be so cool, especially if you know the history of the area, and the current international claims on the islands made by China, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Malaysia, Brunei, and the Philippines.

but i would still want to dive at LL at least once. comparing the same number of dive days, LL is cheaper too - return charter flight to LL inclusive.

coming back to the main topic, the reason why i'm looking for the WM schedule is so that i can squeeze in a weekend of diving in march or early april. i hate the land trip to tioman, so LOB out of Singapore is the best option.

Spratlys and other exotic (further) destinations will have to wait till i have the time, and the money. ;-)

Many of us got a letter today regarding DiveRite and Black Manta diving out of Singapore:

Good Friday Anambas & 7 Skies / Igara wreck Sail from Singapore MV DiveRace (former MV White Manta) Price from SG$89001-04

April 09-11 April (weekend trip)from Singapore Aur / Jack rock MV DiveRace Price from S$520

White Manta Diving Pte Ltdwww.whitemanta.comHotline: +65 96922001 Singapore Mailing Address: 32 Gardenia RoadSingapore 578832

Hi Everyone,

The trip schedules for MV DiveRACE is out already. It is shown in the website: diverace.com

We will definitely be around in Singapore from April to October.

Feel free to enjoy the gallery too.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom