Lobster Mini-Season 7/28 - 29/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dixie Diver's boat the Lady Go Diver will be making 3 trips each day. They still have spots open on all trips. Call them at 954-420-0009 for more info. Hubby did not know the times the boats would be leaving the dock. Dixie Divers can also handle any gas mixes you might need as well as regular air fills.

Zuzanne

zuzanne:
Dixie Diver's boat the Lady Go Diver will be making 3 trips each day. They still have spots open on all trips. Call them at 954-420-0009 for more info. Hubby did not know the times the boats would be leaving the dock. Dixie Divers can also handle any gas mixes you might need as well as regular air fills. Zuzanne

Zuzanne thanks for the info. Jenn, did you hear that? let's go!

Hey all,

Sorry I've been absent tfrom the thread i started, but work and getting my wife and son ready to Dive in the Cayman Islands fantastic deep walls has kept me a bit busy.

Diver's Paradise has two boats that go out of Key Biscayne and at least last year they took both boats out for midnight dives at the start of the mini-season. I really prefer to go out the next morning. Every unsafe diver comes out of there holes at midnight just like the lobsters! Let's do a roll call and see how many we can get. I'll then contact Omar at Diver's Paradise and set us up.

I'll be out of town until the 19th of July on a cruise with the family. I'll be diving in the Cayman's and Cozumel! :dazzler1:

I'll check in before I leave to see how many of us have signed on.

BYE-BYE!

Cubascuba

Cubascuba:
Diver's Paradise has two boats that go out of Key Biscayne and at least last year they took both boats out for midnight dives at the start of the mini-season. I really prefer to go out the next morning. Every unsafe diver comes out of there holes at midnight just like the lobsters! Let's do a roll call and see how many we can get. I'll then contact Omar at Diver's Paradise and set us up.Cubascuba

Hey Cubascuba glad to have you back, have a great vacation!

Questions:1. Is it true that we need to get licences? If so, how should we go about it? How much $$(licences)? Also how much per person or group? Do they allow bubble watchers? and how much for them?

My going depends on the answer to these questions. Thanks!

In order to fish/hunt for lobster you don't need anything. In order to CATCH anything, You DO need a license for saltwater fishing and a crawfish permit (added to the license).
Total cost I think is about $20. (good for 1 year)

scbababe:
Hey Cubascuba glad to have you back, have a great vacation!

Questions:1. Is it true that we need to get licences? If so, how should we go about it? How much $$(licences)? Also how much per person or group? Do they allow bubble watchers? and how much for them?

My going depends on the answer to these questions. Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder - it's time to renew.

Yes, you need a license. You can buy them at sporting goods stores, or on line. There used to be a bunch of sites, but the state has contracted with just a single site now who charges $2.25 plus 2.5% of the license amount. You need a saltwater fishing license for $13.50, plus the crawfish (spiny lobster) permit for $2.00. So it's $15.50 plus $2.25 plus $ .39 equals $18.15.

They were always good about getting them in the mail for receipt in a day or two. You can also use a print out as a temp license.

Marc

You need a fishing license a salt water license and a crawfish stamp.

They sell them at Wal-mart also.

Hello All,

I'm back and the Cayman Island dives were spectacular! :dazzler1: As is always the case I have to work late on the 28th so i can't do the midnight thing. I've no one sign on as of yet but I'm ready to go on the 29th. It would have to be an afternoon dive since I'm going oot of town and returning in the morning. Let's see who signs on so we can book the boat! :10:

Peace!

Cubascuba

scbababe:
My hubby should be ready to dive by then and we've been looking forward to doing the lobster thing with someone more experienced than us, we'll get a group together in no time, right Jenny!
Honey, are you suggesting a boat dive when I'm not yet cleared to dive from boats????

Scubaguy62:
Honey, are you suggesting a boat dive when I'm not yet cleared to dive from boats????

Oh darling I forgot, my worlds revolves around you.... :dazzler1:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom