Local brand preference for AL80 stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a new Catalina AL40 for R3, haven't had a chance to dive with it yet. Maybe at the science camp if my regs are ready by today.

Nice - I picked up one as well. We'll definitely have to do some practice dives with 'em sometime soon. :D

Unfortunately, I won't be at the science camp. The result of my fall at Lobos the other day has officially been diagnosed as a bruised rib, and the pain with certain movements forced me to face facts and decide that diving in the next couple of days is not really a good idea. Realistically, I'm probably out for a a week or two. :(

Nice - I picked up one as well. We'll definitely have to do some practice dives with 'em sometime soon. :D

Unfortunately, I won't be at the science camp. The result of my fall at Lobos the other day has officially been diagnosed as a bruised rib, and the pain with certain movements forced me to face facts and decide that diving in the next couple of days is not really a good idea. Realistically, I'm probably out for a a week or two. :(

Ouch, sorry to hear that! We've had our share of spills on the ramp (pre-refinishing) and treat that sucker with 50% respect, 50% fear, and 50% loathing (that's right). Luckily, our equipment has taken the brunt of the damage.

Heal up, and hope to see you in the water soon!

As to the AL80, I have a Luxfer and my buddy has a Cat. I honestly have a hard time telling them apart underwater (they're both cumbersome and heavy when full, and start going butt-up at about half-full). We use them for baby stages though, and I imagine the differences will become more pronounced with more and proper usage. I will add that functionality-aside, you'll likely find a much more healthy used market for Luxfer tanks, perhaps due to the preference for them as stage/deco bottles.

The result of my fall at Lobos the other day has officially been diagnosed as a bruised rib

Yowsa, sorry to hear. I luckily managed to escape with nothing worse than slight annoyance whenever I go to rest my elbow. Heal up soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom