Local Record!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutch-scuba-kid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since I have way too much free time on my hands, I was wondering.
Who on this forum would have made the most dives? I'm curious what the outcome will be. I personally know a guy who made about 5000 dives. But he ain't a member of this forum, so he doesn't count :p
I'm trying to look for the Scuba Board Record holder! :p Who made the most dives???
Tell me, post your number of dives, and... surprise me. :wink:

Ramón

(I'm on 40 dives, btw... :p So.. so far the registered record holder is me. :p But I'm sure it's not that difficult to break that record. :p)

Lots more than 40. :wink:

I'd suspect that some of the commercial guys will put us all to shame. As a full-time dive instructor, I only average about 10 dives per week. Some boat captains can average more like 20 per week. We did a rough estimate of my boss' dive totals and with conservative estimates we figure he has easily done 18-20,000 in more than 20 years in the dive business.

Dear god...........................
what more is there to say?

I suspect that there is a lot more to say. Wait for others to find this thread.

I am looking forward to seeing the responses. I think it will be interesting reading.

I am sure I am on the low end of this poll - so wont bore you or embarrass myself. lol

94 during the first 18 months. Let us know how many non teaching or divemaster dives you've done

CA Diver:
94 during the first 18 months. Let us know how many non teaching or divemaster dives you've done

That's like twice as much in the same period of time. But for me it's just cause of the lack of a diving buddy. (working on it) tx for the post!

Come on!! More posts please :p Even though it's hard to top the 18 to 20.000.
But do your best. How bout a respectful runner-up?

It all depends on what you call a dive. Most instructors say that they have between 5000-10000, but they count their 20 foot checkout dives....which IMO isn't really a dive. Anyways....

Yeah, but still... their total would reach a couple thousand anyway I think...
It's a dive if you've been under for at least 20 minutes I've been told, btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom