Loch-Low-Minn Dive: late Jan, ealry Feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Glad to see you're up, around and about again, Corigan!!!

You have been conspicuous by your absence . . .

the K
Thank K. I am feeling quite a bit better, it has been a tough few months for me.

I bought Fran an Engagement ring while I was down in St. Thomas at my family jewelers. What was I thinking?!? Oh well, atleast I get to pick where we go on the honeymoon. Right now it is a toss-up between Bonaire, Utila, and the Galapagos. Today I get to break the (Bad) news to Fran's parents, hehe..

Matt

Were I you, I'd pretty much rule out the Galapagos Islands!
I don't think that's what a new, blushing bride percieves as a romantic homeymoon destination.

A marine iguana isn't quite the same as a cabana boy bringing you a tequilla sunrise by the pool.

the K

The Kraken:
Were I you, I'd pretty much rule out the Galapagos Islands!
I don't think that's what a new, blushing bride percieves as a romantic homeymoon destination.

A marine iguana isn't quite the same as a cabana boy bringing you a tequilla sunrise by the pool.
Heh, you are probably right. On the other hand Fran does have a degree in photography and has stated much interest in going to the galapagos to shoot all the wildlife. Sea Lions, Blue footed boobies, marine iganuas, the galapagos penguins, and all the other life topside she is interested in seeing. On the other hand, I'm sure the cabana boy and the tequilla sunrise is more of what she is looking for.

Matt

I may be up there this weekend as well. Not sure if I'll be crazy enough for 2 dives though, so I'm just going to bring my 95 (hate to waste a rental). Is the viz any better than New Year's? I'm really going to have to get a good primary if it continues like that.

Brian

The visability was pretty decent back on the 15th.
Of course when you get to depth it's going to be pretty dark anyway, especially this time of year.

the K

TK,
Please post some type of temp/vis report after the dive. Or PM with with the info. I want to try to go up to the lake a couple time in the comming month.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Will do.
We need to come up with a universal "visability target".
Perhaps spray paint a piece of stainless steel gray and then paint a white design on it.
Then we can get some sort of grip on what we call good visability.

the K

The Kraken:
Will do.
We need to come up with a universal "visability target".
Perhaps spray paint a piece of stainless steel gray and then paint a white design on it.
Then we can get some sort of grip on what we call good visability.

the K

I agree. The link for the Secchi disk sounds simple enough. Maybe we could measure from time to time. Thanks for the links M_Bipartitus.

Jeremy

I do believe I could come up with one of those B/M . . .

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom