Lodge Kura Hulanda Curacao has closed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at LKH with the Dive For Life group in Sept. We had a GREAT time and i'm so saddened to hear of its closure. BUT, it's great to know that Go West is still up and running. You guys were SO enjoyable to dive with. I do hope a new buyer can be found and the place comes back to life. I'd certainly enjoy staying there again.

Profitable money making business with a quick return on investment and dive resort can be a difficult mix.

This reminds me of Habitat Curacao. Great house reef and locker setup, secluded, restaurant located up above with great ocean views, affordable. One of my all time favorite places.

KHL is a bit like Habitat (much nicer hotel, slightly less convenient diving) but I don't see the situation as the same. From Sandton KH Management files for bankruptcy ? Kura Hulanda closes its doors - Curaçao Chronicle I interpret it as likely more of a problem with ownership/management than problems specific to the hotel. Habitat was great in it's time, but they really let the place get run down and in the end apparently weren't interested in keeping it as a hotel.

We were at Sunset Waters a few months before its closing was announced. It is a wonderful site for a resort and dive op. But, when we were there, the lack of freshness to the resort was palpable. The only newish items in the whole place were the locks on the door of each room. Everything was badly worn. But, the diving was outstanding and we enjoyed the trip immensely. As Damselfish said about Habitat, it was a place that "was great in its time but they really let the place get run down..."

I'd actually been thinking that Curacao might have been benefiting from divers turning away from Bonaire. Maybe this is not so.

Reactions: Zog
We dove with one of the Lodge guests who checked in and was put out the following day with 20 minutes notice! We almost booked the Lodge ourselves as they had a deal going for $750 with 6 days boat diving, dodged a bullet there.

Rumor around Westpunt was that looters were already at the lodge last week?

We love Westpunt, a truly magical place.

Crazy Curacao, there is something dysfunctional going on with the closure of Sunset Waters, Habbitat and now Lodge Kura Hulanda?

Not your typical resort destination by any means, affordable diving and the spectacular reefs are what make Curacao so special.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom