Log book is full...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a small 3-ring binder for 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 paper. About $7 at Office Depot. 120 page refills are about $2. Dive decal for front cover $3. :D
As others have said, you can customize as you like.

So I'm gathering from everyone's posts that the PADI Divers Log is kind of old news. I like the idea of customizing your logs to yourself. I must admit it was really nice to look back through 60 dives and remember ones I have forgotten and reminisce about the ones I'll surely never forget. Thanks guys.

I just us a spreadsheet on Google docs. Never gets filled up, easy to search.

Its really nice being able to access it via smart phone being able to look something up last minute is nice.

I just use small fat spiral notebooks. I dont need the square profile print since most of my dives are sawtooth. I filled up a Padi log like you and never bought another one.

When making your own logs, do you record the certification # of you dive buddy? I ask because some of the things I want to do in the future require a certain number of "verifiable" logged dives. What else should be carried over for verification?

no, i don't. i had one buddy insist on signing my log, but we were dating for those ten minutes so maybe it had more to do with that. i also don't get stamps or anything as a rule. my log is more for me than anything.

If your making your own you can go to divelog.com for some inspiration. I have one of their books with 1 page front and back log pages. It's very nice but awfully expensive. (mine was a gift) the pages are nicely laid out and you can see the formats online.

I use a medium sized spiral notebook very close in size to my first log book after certification. I write a bit
less than I used to. Mostly where, when, water temp, viz, dive time. I will usually write who I may have dove with
but not always. Each page of the medium sized notebook is maybe good for six to eight dives. I write on just the front
side of the page. I think I am on maybe my fourth notebook. Which reminds me I am a few dives behind and need to
log last week and todays dive !

DivingLog 5.0 and I only take my iPad on trips.

no, i don't. i had one buddy insist on signing my log, but we were dating for those ten minutes so maybe it had more to do with that. i also don't get stamps or anything as a rule. my log is more for me than anything.

So, all I have to do is sign a log and we are "dating"? Hmmmm. I am a dirty dirty boy!!!!! I have signed a LOT of logs. ewwwwww. :) \

Funny. My new log is digital. I find myself signing it a lot because it's fun. this is not good.

DivingLog 5.0 and I only take my iPad on trips.

This is what I use now. I am trying to log all the dives from my past as well that I have in my log books from 2002-2005. Pain in the BUTT!!!!! Love the program, but I really need to hire a secretary to fill it out with old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom