Looking at a package from LeisurePro... help please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shop around some more. I believe you will find the same orm similiar packages available at equal or less cost with better (and friendlier) service and support from places like scubatoys.

Ive bought from leisure pro and i have had no problems at all. I've purchased everything except my BCD, and I love their prices. I had to return a wetsuit because it was too small for me, so i called and returned it with no problems. they are one of the cheapest dive shops out there, and i'm a student, so every dollar counts. The only problem is their repairs. If you chose, you can send them your repairs and they will do it for free. I live in CA, so it would take a lot longer including shipping and everything.

If you like the equipment, and the price cannot be matched, buy it from leisurepro.

Rico867:
They are in business just and only to make money.
I am also in business only to make money. Once I've accumulated enough of it, I'm moving to Tahiti.:D

On a totally separate subject, I have made a number of purchases from LeisurePro, including life support equipment. All were satisfactory.

LeisurePro has good prices, ScubaToys is better all around though, Manuf. warranty, great service, knowledgeable staff,

There's been alot of back-and-forth about LP vs. LDS, so I won't rewrite it here.

Suffice to say, perhaps: if it's the same gear you'd find at another shop (LDS or online), which it likely is (same brands, etc.), then it's a balancing of price vs. service. Simple as that.
I love LP, have bought from them several times and will do so again*. I also buy from my LDS, as they can answer my questions, know every spot in which I have or may ever dive, and can tailor things toward me. So, 6 of one, half-dozen the other.

(* - return policies are big with me, and mfr warranties are great but not essential, especially if it's just as cost-effective simply to buy a backup, which is more useful in the field anyway!)

Lynemarie,

I just recently purchased a wetsuit and flashlight set from Scubatoys. I received a better price than what my LDS could offer but not a huge difference with duty and such. If you order from Scubatoys, duty is included in the price... all you pay on top of what they quote you is GST. However, personally, I plan on buying BC, Regs and such from my LDS for service and such.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Mikey0929:
Lynemarie,

I just recently purchased a wetsuit and flashlight set from Scubatoys. I received a better price than what my LDS could offer but not a huge difference with duty and such. If you order from Scubatoys, duty is included in the price... all you pay on top of what they quote you is GST. However, personally, I plan on buying BC, Regs and such from my LDS for service and such.

I hope this helps.

Mike
That's not true. The brockerage is included in the shipping cost but not the duties.
And the shipping cost were not cheap either as they send it by UPS. Delivery was fast but I had communication issues with them.

I would consider each piece seperately and why you're buying it. If you are going to be diving in Canada, you want a very good, enviro sealed reg, not the cheapest regulator made (I can't think of a cheaper reg than the Mares Rebel). Would that BC work with a drysuit? Does it even fit you? Each piece of equipment should be considered for function and fit. If you buy a package of equipment that is not going to work for you, you haven't saved anything.

Some of the comments about different suppliers in this thread are perfectly true. However, saying that Leisure Pro is bad is not. I have bought quite a lot from them and had it shipped to Japan. The service was always prompt and excellent. I've also seen posts from people on the board who had issues with bits of stuff. They have always replaced defective products immediately with no questions as far as I can tell. That's actually BETTER than some manufacturers manage to do.
Buy from who you want for whatever reason suits you best. Don't think that LP is bad though - because they are NOT.

All of that said TheRedHead's post above mine is really good. Diving in cold water needs a bit more thought than just grabbing the first thing you see if you don't want to end up wasting money.

Back
Top Bottom