Looking at a package from LeisurePro... help please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The package is for 425$ US, plus $50 for shipping (I believe) and here is what it includes:

Blue Reef Regulator Bag, Black
Cressi-Sub Mini 2 Gauge Console
Mares Rebel Octopus
Mares MR12 Rebel Regulator
Mares Vector Origin BCD

Thank you all for your input!
Lyne Marie[/QUOTE]

I haven't had buying experience from DiveTank, which is in Canada; but I have talked to them while I was researching my dive computer purchase and they went above and beyond in my book.

I would seriously check them out!
Wys.

I have bought gear from LDS which I try to support when I can but found on line stores have much stronger pricing.

I have purchased a small items from leisure pro and had no problem however I would gladly recommend both scubatoys and divetank.

I bought a computer recently from scubatoys and they are always helpful on the phone and delivered promptly, at good prices.

My last purchase was from divetank on a drysuit after speaking with Richard. Very helpful and again great price.

Try either scubatoys or divetank as both will help you get good gear to meet your needs, competitively priced and they are divers.

Rico867:
I would never buy anything from Leisure Pro, they know nothing about diving at all. My proof is I actually went there to Manhattan thinking I was going to purchase a dry-suit, turns out not one person on staff has even been scuba diving. Leisure pro is run by Hasidic Jewish people who don't dive at all and trust me I have nothing against Jewish people at all my girlfriend is Jewish. They are in business just and only to make money. The warranty they provide is only through Leisure Pro not the manufacturers. The equipment your looking for is sold at Divers Supply why don't you do a price comparison and see if there is a huge difference, I guarantee the stuff you purchase from Divers Supply will have a warranty. You can call them in Tampa at 813-969-3480 and just to let you know, I have no affiliation with them at all.

I had the same experience at their shop, which is no bigger than my living room, trying to find a staff memeber that was certified and had some idea of how the gear worked in the water. While they do discount life support gear, because you DO NOT GET A MFG WARRANTY, thier incidental stuff is not that cheap and be purchased at your local dive shop at near the same price.

Since you are from Florida why would you buy gear up north when you can get that gear in your home State cheaper?

I have made many purchases from LP over the years and have not had one problem with the equipment or the service. That said I would look at companies like ScubaToys that are authorized dealers and give 10% off to ScubaBoard members. I would not buy a package just because I like to pick and choose each piece of gear. Different manufacturers are better at different things.

pilot fish:
Since you are from Florida why would you buy gear up north when you can get that gear in your home State cheaper?

I believe the owner of this thread is from Canada, unless you're refering to someone else.:D

If you're asking me, I'd buy where I can get the best price most of the time. My LDS wanted much more for the light I wanted than I could get it from LP including shipping.

They will usually match prices, but I hate haggling specially if there are other buyers around. Also if I don't need the item right away I'll get it online sent to my house and play with it before my dive. I usually only go to my LDS (45 min drive one way) when I'm diving and I hate not knowing how to operate gear when I'm about to use it. (Not that a light is complicated!) That's just one instance.

Wys.

pilot fish:
While they do discount life support gear, because you DO NOT GET A MFG WARRANTY, thier incidental stuff is not that cheap and be purchased at your local dive shop at near the same price.

Not true. I just purchased a ScubaPro Crystal Vue mask for $36.95 from LP, and the very same mask sells for $89 at my LDS.

jk47:
I'm not sure how religious affiliation is remotely relevant to this topic or anything on this board. I am extremely surprised and somewhat offended that this post has not been edited already.

Seriously, I thought that was a really random and meaningless comment too. That area has a high population of jewish people... that doesn't mean anything. That's like complaining about a bar in Boston because the owners are Irish. :shakehead

Thanks for the advice - that's good to know that Divers Direct is next to Bass Pro as this is another place I need to visit!!

Thanks all you guys for your tid-bits. :sappy:
I just wanted to say that in the original question, I did only write the essential information, trying to stick to the essental and not write a novel... but for all of those concerned, I have tried the BC already and like it - and have tried a whole range of equipement in rental, I have visited my LD Stores... and the prices are crazy. And no, I do not intend on doing cold water diving - it is enough to deal with snow and ice for almost half of the year...
Some of your comment were really of interest to me, and truely appreciated - especially information dealing with duty, brokerage and other inconveniences of living in Canada...
Thanks again a billion!!!! :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom