Looking for a Fundies level diver who wants to go dive the Mexican cenote caverns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Four Cenotes in a day, that's a lot of moving around. How long are your dives?
BTW, thank you for the dive report, I was there in March and I wish I was back NOW.

Four Cenotes in a day, that's a lot of moving around. How long are your dives?
BTW, thank you for the dive report, I was there in March and I wish I was back NOW.

Sorry, if I wasn't clear. We are diving two cenote caverns a day. Have been in two days in a row. They are recreational cavern tours & each dive is about an hour.

I hear you. I really wish I was back in now too :wink:! Tomorrow just can't come soon enough!

Go back? I'm not entirely sure I'm leaving any time soon :wink:!
I'm starting to understand your thinking! The cenotes are magical!

Eden
Taj Mahal
Dos Ojos
Pet Cemetary
(and more tomorrow :D!)

I'm jealous but living vicariously though your posts so keep them coming!!! Be safe!

I'm jealous but living vicariously though your posts so keep them coming!!! Be safe!

Yesterday we dove both Grand Cenote and Car Wash caverns with Chris. Chris is absolutely amazing too! Car Wash was perhaps my favorite. Dropping down through a low vis warm layer, to a clear cool flowing river filled with delicate lily pads and silvery fish. Departing one surrealistic world and heading to another, we kick into the yawing mouth of the darkest cavern yet. After a delightful glide through breath taking geology, a peek at ancient pottery shards, and the beautiful vision of looking up through the clear cenote —we surface to a very magical pond where chirping birds nest on the overhanging limestone which glistens with drips of water percolation.

Then we return through the peaceful cavern world, indulging in the hypnotic sense of “flying” through the dark beautiful still clear water. Ah, if only we had the gas to stay in there a few more hours, a few more days ---

I really can not imagine a more graceful introduction to this environment than with GUE cave instructors here at Zero Gravity. Along with the spectacular tours, the instructors kindly offered gentle tips which slowly expanded our skills.

I highly recommend these tours with the GUE instructors at Zero Gravity to anyone who has passed fundies, is intrigued with the cenotes, but is not quite ready for a cave class. They are truly magical!

Have a nice summer everyone :)!

Interesting that Carwash was your favorite -- it was my least. But I'm a bit confused by the description of surfacing in a DIFFERENT cenote than you began in . . . Are you sure this was a "cavern" tour? :)

Interesting that Carwash was your favorite -- it was my least. But I'm a bit confused by the description of surfacing in a DIFFERENT cenote than you began in . . . Are you sure this was a "cavern" tour? :)

Dos Oches lets you do that.

Car Wash was my favorite cenote cavern from yesterday. I also loved the Taj, Pet Cemetery, etc, etc :D! They are all so unique!

Car wash was a cavern dive, but perhaps the route we took is not commonly guided? Chris ran his own line through a very dark and beautiful loop, then we snaked around into a little pond which I guess technically was the same cenote, but it was seperate from the main cenote and certainly felt like it´s own world. We retraced our line and Chris observed while we took turns reeling the line back in. Next we headed downstream and he coached us as we ran a bit of our own line, till we hit the sign :depressed:.

You can bet we asked lots of questions about Cave 1 on the drive back to ZG :).

Car Wash was perhaps my favorite.

you are deeply disturbed... =)

clearly you need a Cave 1 course, though...

i think the route that you took was probably through the cavern zone upstream, then back around through the cenote and into the cavern zone downstream. it might have looked different after you surfaced in a different area, but i think you were in the same cenote entrance....

If there is a nearby opening to the surface from either end of Carwash, I don't know about it -- which certainly doesn't mean it isn't there. If anybody knows those caves, it's the ZG guys.

Sounds as though you have gotten some excellent pre-Cave-1 mentoring so far!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom