Looking for a Fundies level diver who wants to go dive the Mexican cenote caverns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy - Are you staying for the summer or returning to the states?

Kathy - Are you staying for the summer or returning to the states?

No clue, I have plenty of vacation time but am just going with the flow.

The ZG guys have invited me to stick around to help out on the science project next week. They have promised BT and new challenges so I guess that means I didn´t embarass myself too much while diving with them :).

But I have no idea what Í´ll be doing :).

The ZG guys have invited me to stick around to help out on the science project next week. They have promised BT and new challenges so I guess that means I didn´t embarass myself too much while diving with them :).

It's a no brainer, sweetie. STAY!!!!!!

You are such a lucky gal.

Man, if every decision in life were that hard, I would have died of wimpy right now.

Stick around, learn some stuff, have some fun. Those cold, dark, kelp-infested waters can wait for you a bit longer :wink:

Peace,
Greg

Interesting that Carwash was your favorite -- it was my least. But I'm a bit confused by the description of surfacing in a DIFFERENT cenote than you began in . . . Are you sure this was a "cavern" tour? :)

If there is a nearby opening to the surface from either end of Carwash, I don't know about it -- which certainly doesn't mean it isn't there. If anybody knows those caves, it's the ZG guys.

Sounds as though you have gotten some excellent pre-Cave-1 mentoring so far!

Revisited grand cenote and carwash today for some swimming. Lynne you are right, the magical side pool was at grand cenote and not car wash. After a full day of this intoxication details seem to run together :wink:. Still I loved carwash!

Revisited grand cenote and carwash today for some swimming. Lynne you are right, the magical side pool was at grand cenote and not car wash. After a full day of this intoxication details seem to run together :wink:. Still I loved carwash!

The cavern at Carwash is certainly impressive. It gives you the feeling of being near the entrance to the mythical underworld, you expect to see Cerberus' head around the next boulder.:shocked2:

you are deeply disturbed... =)
clearly you need a Cave 1 course, though...

i think the route that you took was probably through the cavern zone upstream, then back around through the cenote and into the cavern zone downstream. it might have looked different after you surfaced in a different area, but i think you were in the same cenote entrance....

I think you are right about all of this, Lamont :).

Well -- 5 weeks later, I finally returned to the states with an unquenched longing for the Mx cenotes that are no longer in my backyard, a new cave instructor, and the plan of finding classmates to return for GUE Cave 1 sometime in the near future.

That was a great vacation!

Here's a link to more of the story:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/341323-mx-trip-report.html

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom