Looking for a good point and shoot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm looking at the Canon A570 IS.
Anyone know if it has additional lenses?
What type of macro photography can I expect?

I've been a Sea & Sea fan for the point and shoots available in dive shops. Sealife is less expensive, but unless they improved their ports on their housings, then I'd recommend going with Sea & Sea. I recently went digital with the DX8000G and find it easy too use and takes great pictures. You can buy a package that includes the camera, housing, strobe, strobearm, wide angle lens, and carrying case.

A few pictures I've taken with it.

I dont really want a rig, housing or strobe, just want to show the wife some things I see underwater.

Just something simple.

Sugeestions?

BTW: How do you keep up with cameras under water? They attach to the BC?

thanks!
Sorry I guess I should read the OP first.:dork2:

have you tried looking on Ebay for deals. with so many new digital cameras coming out, the older cameras should be looking for new homes. Not a bad way to get a good camera for a decent price.

As for how to keep control of the camera while diving. I use a lanyard that is coiled and has a snap buckle on it to keep it close when I'm not using it. when I need it just unhook the buckle and the coiled lanyard allows me to move it in front of my face while its securely attached to my BCD D ring.
:coffee:

What does the wide angle lens do?
For one it allows me to get much closer to my subject and minimize backscatter, the jellyfish picture was taken aprox. 5 inches away from it.

For another thing it give you a wider view of the area your shooting.

Just to let you know, I did have the SL320 reefmaster, but eventually sold it and went to the Canon and Olympus. The SL320 was a good vacation camera, took some good shots, but never came close to what I could do with the Canon and the Olympus. Just like what Zen man said Canon, olympus, sony are pretty good. Also, if you follow Zen's advise, you might end up looking like him here.

old-man-laughing.jpg
<---because he got a good camera and now he is doing some weird stuff which is why I'm avoiding the NorCa forum at the moment.

Just to let you know, I did have the SL320 reefmaster, but eventually sold it and went to the Canon and Olympus. The SL320 was a good vacation camera, took some good shots, but never came close to what I could do with the Canon and the Olympus. Just like what Zen man said Canon, olympus, sony are pretty good. Also, if you follow Zen's advise, you might end up looking like him here.

old-man-laughing.jpg
<---because he got a good camera and now he is doing some weird stuff which is why I'm avoiding the NorCa forum at the moment.

Sure makes it hard to breathe through a reg.....but GREAT for night diving! :rofl3:

I just put an order in for a Canon A570IS. Thanks for the help..
I'll be sure to post some pics when we get back from Cozumel in January.

I just put an order in for a Canon A570IS. Thanks for the help..
I'll be sure to post some pics when we get back from Cozumel in January.

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip to Coz Scuba Sweetie! Please give us a full report with your pics when you get back. :D I think you made a good choice on your camera and take a lot of pictures on land as well as U/W and have fun!

:zen: zen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom